New Albany Area??

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by deadly_legend, May 28, 2009.

1. deadly_legend

deadly_legend New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    Well, since im here for a few more days, we have been fishing, and we went down towards the falls earlier today, dad caught a drum and another fish, no idea what it was lol. But, i was wondering if anyone knew of a spot that was SAFE to go at night. We were thinking about under a railroad bridge in New Albany, but we aren't sure about safety... So if anyone knows of a nice cattin place to go at night around here could you point us in the right direction?

Thanks, Josh & Family.

2. kyleco55

kyleco55 Well-Known Member

State:
    Central In
    sounds like davids stompin grounds to me.. hopefully he can lead you somewhere safe..

3. tackleholic

tackleholic New Member

State:
    New Albany
    I've never fished the Ohio at night for that very same reason, however I'd check with the NA/FCPD first!:wink:

4. kottacat

kottacat New Member

State:
    New Albany indiana
    that old railroad bridge is the k&I bridge and its a darn good spot to fish at night. I fish there all the time and have pulled out a ton of cats from 1lb. to 25lbs. mostly channels and small flatheads. I use shad, chicken liver and crawlers. Dont park under the bridge though unless you want to make an insurance claim on your vehicle. And its safe. New albany police make regular rounds down river road and they even walk out on that bridge sometimes just to see whats goin on.

5. RiverBuggy4x4

RiverBuggy4x4 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    insurance claim im just wondering what he means I.... squirrel:smile2::smile2:

6. kottacat

kottacat New Member

State:
    New Albany indiana
    stuff falling from the bridge every time a train passes. New albany police will write you a ticket if your parked under the bridge to.

7. RiverBuggy4x4

RiverBuggy4x4 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    so where you supposed to park

8. tackleholic

tackleholic New Member

State:
    New Albany
    "WEYC". (where ever you can)!:smile2:

9. RiverBuggy4x4

RiverBuggy4x4 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    oh thanks david a lot of help there

10. kottacat

kottacat New Member

State:
    New Albany indiana
    yep. Davids right. You park anywhere else along the road except under the bridge. That road runs along the flood wall and into a park so theres plenty of places but theres usually an open spot near the bridge.

11. tackleholic

tackleholic New Member

State:
    New Albany
    Your very welcome.:wink:

12. tackleholic

tackleholic New Member

State:
    New Albany
    Tony, I've just came back from the K&I Bridge in New Albany. I agree that you shouldn't park under the bridge & there seems to be ample parking along the road & even 1 pull off spot. There is a short walk thru some thicket.:wink:

13. RiverBuggy4x4

RiverBuggy4x4 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    ok ty

14. tackleholic

tackleholic New Member

State:
    New Albany
    I got to meet kottacat, his sister inlaw & her friend last night at the K&I Bridge. We plan on getting together on my days off & target some skips
    before trying to target channels or flatheads or blues. It was nice to meet the 3 of you. Thank you!:wink:

15. kottacat

kottacat New Member

State:
    New Albany indiana
    good to meet you david. I look forward to many days of fishin with ya buddy:big_smile::big_smile:Caught a flathead last night at about 10pm. it was only about 4 lbs or so. We caught a couple more of those channels to about the same size as those first 2. then the bite just stopped.

16. tackleholic

tackleholic New Member

State:
    New Albany
    What did you do man? CATCH'EM ALL??:smile2:

17. RiverBuggy4x4

RiverBuggy4x4 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    sounds about the right time for the bite to slow or stop

18. tackleholic

tackleholic New Member

State:
    New Albany
    I had a good morning at Deams Lake this morning:wink:.
    I caught 2 that I'd throwed back:roll_eyes:.
    1 that weighted at 4# 3oz:wink:.
    I missed 1 that could've been a flathead:sad2:,
    & using bluegill head for bait.:cool2:.

19. kottacat

kottacat New Member

State:
    New Albany indiana
    :sad2:Spent the better part of the day at the K&I bridge sunday snd monday-it was hot and the fish just didnt want to turn on. Tried shad, liver, dip-relocated alond the shore-they didnt want any. Then,i fell in the river:smile2:!! got cooled off though:smile2::smile2: