New Additions to the family

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Boomer, Apr 23, 2009.

1. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Yesterday I added to my family. I added Max and Iokie, they are English Mastiff puppies, currently they are 5 weeks old. I am not sure how much they weigh right now, but as you can tell by the picture of my daughter and max, they are not your average ankle biters. I think the Daddy weighed in at 257 lbs and I am not sure about the mother, the picture I got she looked like she was in the 200 lb range.

My wife took my Niece, my daughter, and my 2 granddaughters to pick them out. My smallest granddaughter got mad because we only got 2 and not 3. So I explained to my granddaughter like this, she owns 1/3 dog of each of them, so altogether she has 2/3's of a dog, that is alot better than 1/2 of a dog, that is almost a whole dog. I think she was ok with it.

I know people on here are crazy about their animals, and they pamper them, these dogs will be spoiled rotten. They will be house dogs. Like I told my wife, no one in their right mind will break into our house. 500 lbs of dogs, kind of deters that.

These dogs are the first dogs we have aquired ourselves in almost 15 years, the others have been cast offs, from other family members.

Attached Files:

2. westvirginiacatfish

westvirginiacatfish New Member

State:
    Ronceverte
    Those are some good looking pups. Looks like the little one is attached to them already.:cool2::smile2:

3. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Yep I love my dogs,those pups are cute. Know your kiddies will love em.:smile2::cool2:

4. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Congrats on those fine looking pups! I think your gonna need bigger furniture, LOL

5. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    better get you a washtub for a feed bowl when they get 250#:smile2: nice looking puppies

6. punkin570

punkin570 New Member

State:
    MS
    Beautiful pups, Gary. My daughter wants one of those kind. She is saying she wants either a mastiff pup or a calf or a horse:eek:oooh:... either way they all gonna eat like crazy, lol. :smile2:

7. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I had a female Bull Mastiff, she loved kids. She use to pull my 2 boys on their snow board and sled during winter, and she loved it. Her thing was when they were on the snow board, if they fell, she would drag them thru the snow, they knew better than to let go of the leash, or they would have to chase her:smile2:. Then they would take the sled to the hill, there would be 5-8 boys and they would give her the rope and she would take it up the hill for them, then wait for them. Her thing there was on the way down the hill she would chase the sled and try and knock them off it:confused2:.

I like the mastiffs around kids, they make good kids dogs, but what those kids they consider them their property. These will be house dogs.

My wife told me last night the dogs sleep alot. I reminded her they are only 5 weeks old. That just because they are big, they are still puppies.

8. tnvol

tnvol New Member

State:
    Clarksvill
    Nice looks pups! They are going to be beasts once they get older!