New addition to the arsenal of fishing reels!

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by brad kilpatrick, Mar 13, 2006.

1. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Some of You are aware That I was having a Rod custom made for Me. Well it came in the Mail Saturday and I couldn't be more pleased!!!!

Here are the specs:
    8' E-Glass Rainshadow Blank, 50lb line class, fast action
    9ea Fuji Alcanite guides
    1ea Fuji BHNNT SIC tip (they don't make an alcanite tip that would Fit this monster)
    Fuji Deluxe reel Seat (graphite)
    6" cork fore grip
    16" slick Butt Handle
    Flush butt cap

I had this rod made to mount the Abu Garcia Big Game 10000 I traded Fellow BOC Brother H2O Mellon for.

Here are some pics they really don't do this beauty justice But You can get an Idea as to the craftsmanship of this Rod. Can't wait to boat a big ole flathead on this badboy!!!

Attached Files:

2. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    WOW !!!! Very nice pole Brad. Ya should have no problems handling those monsters ya catch with that bad boy ! Good luck out there.

3. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    man, you can go bear huntin with that thing!:D

4. Tellico00

Tellico00 New Member

State:
    Collierville, T
    Great looking rod! The Flats better look out

5. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Mighty fine look'n out fit. Be careful who you fish with,you might shame them and they won't go with you any more.;)

6. RIP

RIP New Member

State:
    Somerville, Tennessee
    Thats a quality looking rod, I hope you land many large catfish with it.

7. ersel

ersel New Member

State:
    Haughton Louisiana
    Sweet it will look even better bowed over

8. bigfish

bigfish New Member

State:
    Dunbar WV.
    thats one nice looking rod. who did it for ya?

9. brad kilpatrick

State:
    Kansas City
    I would really like to say who built this beast for Me but i'm not sure I should say right now. I'm not sure how much time He wants to burn up building rods rather then fishing. He is a boc member and not a sponser, I don't want to step on any of the sponsers toes as well.

I must say that The guy who built this rod for Me was very attentive and helpful to suiting The rod to My needs and specs.

10. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    looks purty let me know how the 10000works on the short rod my fatherin law has one but its on a custom 15 footer and Ican tell ya from exp. ITS FAST be ware of sacklash but i hope it works as good as it looks

11. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    That's sweet, good luck with it!

Eric

12. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Remember I still have another Abu 10000 that has never seen the water! If I decide it's too much for me, you might need another custom rod!

13. brad kilpatrick

State:
    Kansas City
    Oh yea I remember, I've been considering getting another 10000 pretty soon. I've got a basicaly new Penn 330 GTI I'm thinking about selling on ebay and replacing with a 10000 or a 320 GTI.

As for another custom I'd love to have one But it'll probibly be next year.....I spent a small fortune on this one, and I still need to get a new spinning rod and reel I've been eyeballin' a G Loomis GLX series rod and a Shimano Sustain Pretty pricey stuff. But You know what they say about the difference between Men and Boys is the price of thier toys......LOL

14. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Catchinbiguns and I got to see Brads new toy last night, and let me be the first to tell ya, its a bad bad boy. I could not believe how awesome the rod is. Im 100 % certain he wont have any problem at all with ANY fish in the rivers or lakes. I wouldnt hesitate for a second to put it up against a Goliath Grouper , a yellowfin tuna , a monster tarpon , or possibly even a big marlin !!! No joke. Youd have to see it in person and hold it to know what im talking about. Im jealous. I wish I had 2 of them , only spinning rods. :p

15. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    Nice looking rod Brad!! Would have to say you've got a dandy "angler mounted winch system", those poor river flats won't stand a chance:thumbsup:

16. BlueZeus

BlueZeus New Member

State:
    Ohio
    That is one serious nice piece of sporting equipment. Hope it works well for you. Good Luck:)

17. TeamCatHazzard

TeamCatHazzard New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Where did you get the rod custom made at or did you make it yourself? I might be interested in doing the same thing and was just wondering about it. Also how much did it cost ya?

18. Chris

Chris New Member

State:
    Spring Hill, Kansas
    There is a gentlemen on here that customs makes rods. Its called Gator Custom Rods.

chris

19. Catchinbiguns

Catchinbiguns Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Hey this rod is a beast. perfect for those giant fishing in those rivers. I was very impressed.

20. Doyle

Doyle New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thats a nice looking outfit. It kinda looks like you have a "come-a-Long" mounted in the reel holder.:)