New Abu Garcia 6500...

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by Catfish-fever, Jul 20, 2009.

1. Catfish-fever

Catfish-fever New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Has anyone seen the newest Abu Garcia model that is being released? I did this weekend and it is sweet. I has a bait alarm and has the mag adjustment like one of the low profile reels. It is silver and appears to be all metal. I also finally found an affordable Abu 7000 and bought it. I picked up one of the vintage red 7000 for $45 this weekend. So now I am selling my tidewater and penn 320 GTi.

2. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Sweet deal on the 7000!:big_smile: the 7000's are my favorite of all my abu reels.

3. Slatebar

Slatebar New Member

State:
    ohio
    I haven't seen the new 6500's yet. Where are they made, did you notice?
    Man you got a deal on that 7000. Wish I could find one for that price. I have never used one but Santa will be here in a few months.

4. Catfish-fever

Catfish-fever New Member

State:
    Ohio
    The new reels are made in sweden. There is a vendor at the Caeser's Creek Flea Market that has them.

5. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Sounds like you got a really good deal on that!

6. JBrooks

JBrooks New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Put up some pics of the 320GTi please. :D

7. Colsrob

Colsrob Active Member

State:
    Ohio, Columbus
    How much is the Caesar Creek dealer selling them for?

Also, were there any in left hand? I'm not left handed, but I can't stand switching hands to reel. And no, I can't cast left handed. :)

8. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    i like the 7000s but i just ordered a 6500 pro cat rocket, i cant wait:smile2:

9. Catfishkid24

Catfishkid24 New Member

State:
    ohio
    i bought a 6600 bcx with an 8 foot bill dance catfish series rod at the beginning of the month and i love it to death. SO ive been mowing like crazy and working and prolly gettin the same set up in a week or so:big_smile:

10. BataviaBluescatfish

BataviaBluescatfish New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Many salmon anglers will be familiar with the Abu Garcia range of free spool casting reels. Salmon anglers who prefer to fish the surf, in particular, will be aware of the excellent long distance casting qualities of the Abu 7000 and it's more expensive brother the 7500 C3. Current New Zealand dollar retail price is about $250 for the 7000 and about $399 for the 7500 C3
    These two very popular reels are essentially the same. They differ in that the 7000 has brass bushes, where the 7500 has ball bearings. However many anglers replace the brass bushes with ball bearings from the 7500. Indeed most parts are interchangeable between the two models :roll_eyes: