New Abu 7000iC3

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by Cheez, Jun 12, 2007.

1. Cheez

Cheez New Member

State:
    Trion,GA
    Well I got me a new Abu 7000 iC3 and hung it on a medium Ugly Stik Tiger. This rig appears to be pretty sweet. Even though the reel is made in China it looks and feels as good as any Abu that I have. I will be giving it a workout this weekend. Does anybody have any experience with these new reels?

Cheez

2. DemolitionMan

DemolitionMan New Member

State:
    Tupelo, Mississippi
    I've got a fairly new one.....I love mine....It's one of the most versitile Abu's on the large size....It's got all you would want in a reel....I think it's Garcia's best "Cat" reel when you consider line capacity and all....The smaller 6500iC3 cast farther.......Dwight

3. Cheez

Cheez New Member

State:
    Trion,GA
    I have 3 6500 reels and love them but wanted a "big cat" Abu too. I love the rubberized handle on the 7000iC3. I also have a couple Penn's that I am real partial to but I guess the handle is what sold me on this new Abu. Maybe that is a goofy reason but I think that the handle along with Abu's legendary ability to make quality products is good enough. Now I just have to "test" it on some good fish.

Cheez

4. archer1914

archer1914 New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    hey let us know how it does as soon as possiable i just bought an okuma classic and im trying to find a pole for it but i still want to get a 7000 from what all i am hearing about them

5. DemolitionMan

DemolitionMan New Member

State:
    Tupelo, Mississippi
    A soft handle is as good a reason as you need....Maybe you're like me, just got to have "another" reel/rod.....I've got my 7000iC3 on my 7'6" MH "Boss" Jim Moyer rod....Dwight

6. Cheez

Cheez New Member

State:
    Trion,GA
    OK guys I took the 7000iC3 for it's maiden voyage today. Spooled with 40# P-Line and mounted on an Ugly Stik Tiger M rod I had high expectations for this rig. I was not disapointed whatsoever. This rig is as good as I have ever used for catfish. The reel is a winch and I don't say that much. I caught about 12 nice blues from 6 to 15-1/2 pounds. Fishing in 35 to 55 feet of water in the Tennessee river this outfit doesn't have quite as much of a fun factor as some of the lighter rigs. It just reels in the fish with ease. I can't wait to hang ino something big (over 30).

Cheez

Attached Files:

7. catfisherman60

catfisherman60 New Member

State:
    Greenwood AR.
    sounds like a great rig.:big_smile:

8. DemolitionMan

DemolitionMan New Member

State:
    Tupelo, Mississippi
    Cheez,

I thought you'd love it.....Hope it keeps you happy in the future....Dwight

9. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Very nice rig Cheez, and a nice fish to!

10. kenny cannon

kenny cannon New Member

State:
    kansas
    i think there are no bearings in the reel from china but ive seen them used with good results so it must not matter good luck with it cannon

11. Cheez

Cheez New Member

State:
    Trion,GA
    The box that my reel came in says it has 2 stainless shielded beraings.

Cheez

12. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
  13. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I was gonna say mine has three too! lol. This is by far the best reel that I have ever owned. It is as smooth as a baby's bottom and as strong as the smell from the diaper. lol I landed two thirty plus flats with ease, the drag was perfect and it has enough retrieval speed and line capacity to satisfy any fisherman. Mine cast much better and farther than either my 6500C or C3.:big_smile:

14. shadguts

shadguts New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I purchased a 7000i yesterday as well as a 7'6" quantum big cat rod. All I can say about the reel is AWESOME!!!! I have 3 6000's and in my opinion they dont even come close in comparison. I bought the 6000's 3 years ago to save a little money but I guess you get what you pay for.

15. DemolitionMan

DemolitionMan New Member

State:
    Tupelo, Mississippi
    cannon,

The 7000iC3 has 3 bearings in it...I think the 7000 red is the one with bushings....But they say bushing will cast farther than bearings....Don't know....Dwight

16. Cheez

Cheez New Member

State:
    Trion,GA
    I think what it is is that because it is made in China some folks think it is "automatically" substandard. Don't get me wrong I don't like everything being made in China more than anyone else but in this case the 7000iC3 is a first class reel. I own 4 other Abu reels that were made in Sweden and they are not as good as this one.

Cheez

17. DemolitionMan

DemolitionMan New Member

State:
    Tupelo, Mississippi
    Yeah, I don't like our stuff going to china either, but even the chinese have to turn out reels to Abu's specifications or they won't let em build em.....Abu won't sacrifice their name/future just to make a buck.....Dwight

18. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    I have a 7000 IC3 and it casts like a dream. Very smooth reel. Time will tell how it holds up but so far I really like it. Got a surge elite rod yesterday to put it on.

19. Cat Hunter

Cat Hunter New Member

State:
    texas
    I just might have to go get me one now. I have a few Abu's but not any real new ones. But I do have an ugly stick tiger rod and oh do I love the rod.

20. Cheez

Cheez New Member

State:
    Trion,GA
    Go get you one and hang it on the Tiger rod. When you hook a nice cat you will think you have died and gone to catfishing heaven.:big_smile:

Cheez