new abu 6000

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by C Hill, Mar 23, 2008.

1. C Hill

C Hill New Member

State:
    Catoosa, Oklahoma
    Just bought a new original abu 6000 from walmartc for my ugly stik cat rod, 7 foot. i was just wondering if the c3s and c4s and records are very much better reels then the originals?

2. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    It depends on how you look at, all Abu's are pettry much built the same.

3. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    The main difference is that the 6000 has spool bushings and an anti-reverse bearing on the handle. The 6500C3 has the same anti-reverse bearing on the handle, but instead of the two spool bushings, it's got two bearings. The C4 is exactly the same as the C3 with the exception of one added bearing to the worm gear. Colors of the end plates differ also. The gears and other parts are all the same unless you get one with a higher gear ratio. Then, it's just a different drive gear for the higher retrieve rate.

4. Junior42

Junior42 New Member

State:
    Catlettsburg, KY
    Abo 6000 are pretty nice reels. Good luck with it!

5. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    That 6000 will do you just fine, I have had one for years and never even oiled of cleaned it and it still works fine..I also have a record which has 6 ball bearings that I like alot more than the 6000.

6. rspd507

rspd507 New Member

State:
    Rising Sun,IN
    Chase,
    I have 3 of the 6000's and like them just fine. I have landed some good size blues on them with little resistance. Just make sure you keep an eye on all the screws that hold the side plates on as well as the one in the plastic cover that covers the nut that holds on the handle. These will work loose and you will lose them if your not careful. I got a small screw driver set that I keep with me and check them on a regular basis. rspd507

7. catman73

catman73 New Member

State:
    Lawrence Kansas
    I agree with the previous posts. I have two 6000 reels that I like alot. Both are on 7 foot ugly cat rods. I have had no problem with them at all. I have had both for about three years now.

8. kyelkhunter3006

kyelkhunter3006 New Member

State:
    Ky
    The 6000 is a great reel. So are the other 6000 series reels. Just depends on how much $$$ you have to spend and which features are important to you. I like them all, just wish the clickers are stronger. Your reel is a workhorse that will last years with minimal maintenance. You're only going to notice/appreciate the higher dollar reels if you are doing a lot of casting, like musky fishing, etc. I wouldn't call catfishing a sport where you're going to cast 100's of times a day. You're good to go with your rig.

9. firechief4201

firechief4201 New Member

State:
    Catlettsburg, Kentucky
    Just got a 6000 love it. But I also like my 6500's

10. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I have a couple 6000's and like them very well. I like my 6500cl3's better though. You won't be sorry!:wink::big_smile:

11. catfishbills

catfishbills New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    6000's are wonderful reels and millions of them out there still catching fish!:wink:

12. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    congrats on the rod hope it brings ya good luck