New 7'-10" Quantum Big Cat rods

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by TNVOLCAT, Oct 7, 2007.

1. TNVOLCAT

TNVOLCAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I see that Catfish Connection is carrying these now. They don't have a pic yet of the new rods and they're listing the old rod specs in the description of the new rod. They come in MH and H action in casting and spinning rods. They are priced at,I believe, $53.95. Any of you have anymore info on these I'd appreciate it. Thanks! BWC1975

2. crab

crab New Member

State:
    Ironton,Ohio
    I havent seen them but if anyone gets a pic I would like to check them out!

3. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I would like to know the action. I really like what Bass Pro did this year w/ the Cat Max rods, by softening the tips. If the Big Cats are the same (softer tip) I'd prob go back to using them.

4. TNVOLCAT

TNVOLCAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I called Catfish Connection and asked about the new "Big Cat". I talked to a guy named John, and he said they were pretty much the same as the last rod. The only difference he mentioned was the blanks were new and were a little stiffer than the last ones. If no one gets one soon and reports on them, I guess I'll be the dumb guinea pig and get a couple to try out!

5. slimcat

slimcat New Member

State:
    marion kentucky
    I didn't think they would make them stiffer. THe old ones are stiff enough.

6. TNVOLCAT

TNVOLCAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Slimcat, I think he meant they were stiffer toward the handle and have more sensitive tips kinda like the new 7'-9" Catmaxx, maybe? I'll give him a call back and ask more about them. Seems odd to me that Quantum has nothing about these rods on their website.

7. Brownwatercats

Brownwatercats New Member

State:
    Mo
    Brandon: Quantum has up-graded these rods. Action similiar to the 1999-2000 models. You will be happy with these rods.
    Harold Dodd

8. TNVOLCAT

TNVOLCAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Hello Harold, thanks for the info and great to see you make your first post here on the BOC! I look forward to hearing more from you in the future. I believe you have to make 10 legitimate posts before you can see pictures that members post and maybe some other things. So keep the posts and info a coming!

9. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen

Welcome aboard Harold! Heard a lot of good things about you, and can't wait to hear more input from you!

10. MoCatfisher

MoCatfisher New Member

Welcome to the BOC, Harold...great bunch here...

11. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Harold Welcome to the BOC. I have followed your web site for years and a friend of mine has fished with you. Mark Thompson of Olive Branch Ill. Good to have you on board and i know you will provide a lot of expertise to this forum.:big_smile:

12. catfishbills

catfishbills New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Welcome Harold! Look forward to meeting you one day on the lower Mississippi!:big_smile: