New 7/0 khale snapped on me !

Discussion in 'Terminal Tackle Review' started by gearhead, Sep 3, 2007.

1. gearhead

gearhead New Member

State:
    China Grove, NC
    I broke a new 7/0 khale today after i caught the fish ,7lb channel , snapped the shank a clean break just a slight twist with needle nose pliars , these are my favorite hooks i buy the 50 packs at bass pro shop ,has anyone else seen this problem.

2. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Nope, but I would expect to hear more and more stories about hook failures. I guess the manufacturer's are trying to save a little more money and increase their profits by using a cheaper grade of metal. Shame, but everything you buy today costs more and is not of good quality.

3. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    There is another post with a similar situation. I have this happen to me before though. I only use Gamakatsu know mainly unless I am fishing snaggy waters then i will use a cheaper hook.

4. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    I have been using Gammaktsu hook for close to 10 years. I have also used Mustad and Eagle claw hooks. The latter 2 will bend the points when stuck on rocks or lose sharpness in a few trips. The Gammas I have sometimes used for an entire year and they are still sharp. They are more expensive but they don't bend, break, or bend the tips like cheaper hooks. Yes you pay more on the front but you gain longevity on the back end. So you end up using fewer hooks throughout the year. For the price they are the sharpest hook out there.

5. jason berry

jason berry New Member

State:
    Evansville
    I use 10/0 king kales and cant imagine one of those things breaking ive pulled in all kinds of stuff out of the river with them but, i guess eveything has a malfunction every once in a while.