new 6,8 mold :)

Discussion in 'Terminal Tackle Review' started by kscathunter, Aug 11, 2008.

1. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    i got a new do it 6,8 no roll mold for my b-day today :smile2: and i forgot how nice do its are. i bought a homemade job from an ebayer 8,10,12,14 flat bank, a while back and after a few dozen pours id eventually get a few sinkers made, verry frustrating. the do its however pour easy and fast with little to no clean up, nice. i think i now have all the sinker sizes i want:wink: now i got to find some more lead, never can have too mutch.

2. cliff n york

cliff n york New Member

State:
    south carolina
    i just ordered one this a.m.:big_smile:

3. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    Lemme guess, Sinkershop Sinker Molds? I made that mistake, too. I'm much happier with the Do-it molds. Happy (belated) Birthday!

4. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    yep, it sounded like the best deal at the time for around $40 for 4 sizes verses $40 for one size. i mean it does work and i think it would work alot better if i could get my lead hotter, but my hotplate i use has trouble getting and keeping the lead as hot as it needs to be to get the lead out of the ladle and in to the mold before it cools and closes the pour hole. maybe some day ill off load it cheap and get the good stuff.

5. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    thanks for b-day i had it pretty good new mold for b-day new pb the next day:eek:oooh::big_smile: BTW Gary is that the 76# flat you got an award for in your aviatar picture? just tring to get a guess on the weight of mine they look pretty close, we thoght it be around 70 when i cought it.

6. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I have the same problem pouring 8 oz bank sinkers. I have a Lee heater, I think I am going to buy me a cast iron, and use my turkey fryer to start pouring the bigger sinkers, I think I can get the lead hotter that way. I have the cast iron dipper and that helps.

7. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    let me know how it turns out if it works ill have to borrow a fryer from sombody and make a bunch at once.

8. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    You guys are too ambitious for me. I don't have the time to mess with pouring my own sinkers. Good luck however and it sounds like you all got some good advice to offer. Thanks

9. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    Get the mold hotter. I set the mold on top of the pot between pours.

10. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    I got the 5-6-7-8 oz bank sinker mold, thinking the same - good deal for 4 sizes. Even with hot lead, the problem is that it fills in around the sinker eyes and runs out a little on the edges - lots of trimming and cleanup. And I miss having a wooden handle. The do-it sinkers come out perfect most ever time, although I do have to preheat the mold on the bigger (16oz) one to get a good pour.

I'm still using the mold, it's just a pain.... Hey, anybody want to buy a bank sinker mold.. makes 5-6-7-8 oz sinkers :smile2:

11. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
  12. kcgeoff

kcgeoff New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Gary,
    I have the 6 and 8oz no-roll Do It mold. You can use it any time you like. Its not like you live that far away! :eek:oooh:

13. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    Well I solved the problem the lead needed to be hotter :smile2: i have a little propane tourch, i filled up my dipper and let it sit in the pot of lead while i took the propane tourch and heated up the lead in the dipper, pored it into the cold sinker shop 14oz mold, filled it up perfect first pour every pour in a cold mold. made no differance how hot the mold was witch mold i was using as long as the lead was HOT HOT HOT it worked perfect:smile2:

14. Ghosth

Ghosth New Member

State:
    North Dakota
    Do-it molds are the best hands down.

I have a split shot and a egg sinker mold I'm hopeing to replace with do-it molds someday.

Wouldn't trade my Do-it walking sinker mold for anything.

Anybody use do-it jig molds? Considering adding one of them to my lineup.

15. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    I can not remember all the sizes but I have= 3 ea no-rolls,3 ea bank,2 ea walking,1 egg,2ea drift, flat, spoon,[ I have heard it called those names], 2 ea split shot molds, I have more but can not remember the right now. All are Do-it.