New 4X4...

Discussion in '4X4 Truck Talk and Repairs' started by ShilohRed, Nov 19, 2007.

1. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Will be picking up a New to me 1982 Chevy luv. Good part its a diesel and gets 35+ MPG and can tow my 17ft boat.
    Needs some work. but What can you say for a $500 dollar truck.
    Pete

2. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Pete if you get tired of fooling with it I might be persuaded into taking it off your hands for a small fee. :smile2:

3. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Has it got paint on it and will it haul oats?

4. GMC FishHauler

GMC FishHauler New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    if you ever want to get rid of it, let me know!!!!

5. RivrLivn

RivrLivn Member

State:
    Missouri
    Those LUV's are good little trucks, the body will give up way before the drivetrain. They where made by Isuzu, so it is a good diesel engine. Parts can be a little more expsensive, so shop around. I found a shop that specialized in Imports and they could get things alot cheaper.

Sounds like a great deal.:smile2:

6. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    i know a guy who has one & put a big 40 gallon tank in the bed to feed the factory tank & that thing runs him back & forth to work all month!!!!!

7. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Willard Willard what Am I going to do with you... If i get tired of it I may let you take if for a big Fee.

postbeetle Yes it has three colors on it. HEHE And the bed will haul oats. Now the cab. May not I will have to find some rocker panels to weld back in or make my own.

GMC FishHauler I plan on redoing it and driving it until one of us drops dead.

RivrLivn Yes it only has 165,000 on it. Most people that have them get 300,000+ out of the motors.

willcat man he must drive a long ways to work. That is between 1250 and 1500 miles per tank. LOL
    Pete

8. TNVOLCAT

TNVOLCAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Pete, those are good little ole trucks. There used to be several around here where I live, but I can't remember the last time I saw one of them. I always wanted one but never really needed one. They are excellent hunting rigs and good for farm use also. Good luck with it and enjoy the 35 mpg diesel!

9. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Thanks Brandon.
    I have work to do to it. But with the Great Fuel millage and Biodiesel I think its well worth it.
    The body has went down on. AS my Father in law parked it and its been sitting for 4 + years.
    But if the old body and frame on it is 2 far gone. I will just find a S-10, Nissan other extended cab manual shift small truck and change out all the running gear and motor..
    Pete