New 2072 SeaArk

Discussion in 'Boat Tips' started by SkipEye, Jun 5, 2007.

1. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    thanks to what I learned here recently I bought a 2072 SeaArk from Cooks Marine today. I heard about them here and they are only 15 miles from my house. Got the fold-down seats, side console and 40 gallon rear live well, powered by a 90hp Yamaha.

Man, I'm glad I found this forum before I made my purchase. I feel like I got a boat that I will be happy with for the long term. A guy should be happy for the long term after spending that much on a Big Jon.

That sucker is a tank. I didn't realize just how big they were until I saw it in person. Even after reading the dimensions it just really hits you when you see it for the first time. :eek:oooh:

Should be ready for me to pick up next week.

Mississippi River bound real soon.

Sweet!

2. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Well you shoud be happy with it. And you bought it from a super guy.Shawn stands behind his stuff pretty well. Once it's gotton we expect to see some pics of it and the fish you catch.

3. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    Good for you, Darryl! Sounds like you got a darn fine boat. Now get out there and slime that sucker up.

4. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    Congrats on the new purchase, you and I have the same boat and motor and I ABSOLUTELY love mine!!! You'll be very pleased with it!!

5. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    Hey, that's my boat .... except I have a 115/80 jet.

You bought at the right place. I drove 1200 miles (round trip and a little fishing) to buy off Shawn (great guy and found out he has kin where my wife does [Bunker pop 328]). And youre right you could put most manufacturers 18 footers inside a SeaArk. Can you tell, I love my boat? :beauty:

6. SkipEye

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    I don't know about having the same boat. I have the 3 degree hull Pro Model with the 40 gallon livewell and bench seating options etc..... side console.

Hoping I don't regret the 3 degree hull but I absolutely bought all the boat I could bring myself to buy moneywise. Thats after upping my original budget considerably so I could get the 20 ft SeaArk. I was looking at Grizzly by Bass Pro before I got on this site and discovered the SeaArk. I got a lot more boat for my money.

I am stoked about the boat and I think I have one I'll be happy with for a long time. All of us aren't rich and for me, I got way more boat than I thought I would ever have.

Eager to learn more about what mods other guys have done to theirs.

Thanks BOC for all the information available.........still learning.

7. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Darryl congrats on the new boat. You bought the boat that I dream about at night. Rig it well and enjoy. Which motor did you get?:lol::big_smile:

8. SkipEye

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Mickey, it's powered by a 90hp Yamaha two stroke. That ought to push me just fine. Fast enough for me. Well, I haven't actually tried it out yet of course but it should be a pretty good combo for a poor boy. At least I feel poor for the moment, this boat was at the top of my budget but I am real glad I went for it.:tounge_out:

Still waiting to see some good pics of other peoples rigs, trying to read through articles here but there are a bunch of them to wade through. Thats a good thing I guess.

I too am dreaming about that boat but I'll be picking it up next week, guess I can wait that much longer. LOL

9. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    Darryl, I have the 3 degree hull (RiverCat SC), I personally moved the bench seats to the front (over the fuel tank) and permanantly mounted the pedestal seats (one on either side of the rear live well) that way you can utilize those wonderful bench seats while waiting for the fish to take off with your bait!! I also custom built a rod holder that spans the entire rear of the boat (over the live well) This weekend I'll take a couple pics and post them here for you.

I have the 90 horse Yamaha 2 stroke and according to my GPS, it pushes my boat right at 29-30 mph, plenty fast enough. HA I have even pulled around a tube up at Mark Twain lake with it without even a hint of a problem!

10. SkipEye

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Bill, I am glad to hear your boat works so well since it is pretty much the same set up I have.

I'll look forward to your pics of your rig.

I especially need a cross-bar doo-daddy-thingy (whatever it's called) to hold my rods.

11. 3dukmn

3dukmn New Member

State:
    Missouri
    That is also the same boat as mine. Only 2 differences would be that I got the Merc 90, and I got the tunnel hull for shallow running. My boat goes 37 mph...or so I'm told.

I have done several modifications to my boat. Side console, added 5' to the casting deck, made the bench into storage, rear rod holder (also spans the entire back of the boat, etc, etc, etc...

You will never regret it. I've had mind for 7 years now. I never regretted it even one time!

12. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Congratulations on your new boat. It sounds like you have a boat that you can enjoy for many years to come. Enjoy and be safe!

13. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Oh,I forgot to ask you,where is this Cook's Marine located at?

14. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Cooks is located on highway61 Approx 6 miles North of Troy,Mo.at Old Alexandra,Mo. When going South on 61 it is on the right side of the road.You can see it from the highway.Log onto Cooks Boat and Motors all you'll bring up his address and phone number.Hope this helps. Shawn is a great guy to deal with and good boats.

15. grumpygnome

grumpygnome New Member

State:
    Alabama
    You guys are killin' me...I'm happy with 14 feet and a 9.9 on my butt. Now I'm gonna have nightmares about a Big Jon gettin' me. :smile2: Just kidding, congratulations!

16. skydiver41

skydiver41 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Darryl1, how fast does your boat run with that 90hp and are you happy with it? I met Shawn last week and want the 2072 VPLD with the 15 degree hull and a 115. I'm trying to guess how fast this boat will go and if I'll be happy with it. Anyone have any opinions on a 115 2-stroke...Merc or Yamaha? Thanks.

17. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    I have the 2072 vlsc with a 115/80 jet. It does according to the depth finder 22-25 although Shawn told me it should do between 32-37 and it feels faster than 25.... Anyhow.... mine is a Yamaha 4 stroke and I adore it. I don't know the difference between it and a 2 stroke but I love that there is no such thing as a cold motor.... turn the key and go just like a car, and no more mixing gas.

18. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Congratulations on the new boat. That boat should provide you with a lot of years of memories and good fishing.