New 2072 SeaArk and March Missouri Fishing trip

Discussion in 'Boating' started by loanwizard, Mar 12, 2007.

1. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    I'll start with pics of the new boat. These are pics as Sean and Jerry are rigging it. It is huge! The last one is a pic of the boat dealership which gets my highest grade.

2. loanwizard

State:
    Coshocton,
    The next three is our (Netman Jack, Tspergin, and Loanwizard) sidetrip to Bass Pro. We stayed in a hotel attached to their parking lot.

Then is a pic of Cooks current inventory.

3rd is a pic of the boat once we got to Truman.

3. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    That boat looks sweet..I bet you are happy to have it.

4. loanwizard

State:
    Coshocton,
    here are more.

Russell of Reels and Trigger cabins (Very nice cabins and people)

Loanwizard with a rigged boat ready to catch a monster Blue.

another boat pic.

5. loanwizard

State:
    Coshocton,
    Gary Felkner and the only fish we saw all weekend.

6. loanwizard

State:
    Coshocton,
    Final pic of Garys fish. We were drooling!

Attached Files:

7. loanwizard

State:
    Coshocton,
    Three men and a baby! The 2072 is the baby!

Also a most gracious host in Tom. Tom, I have your bucket.... The Bluegill are alive even in the water that froze last night!

8. loanwizard

State:
    Coshocton,
    More pics of the trip and the people on it.

Attached Files:

9. loanwizard

State:
    Coshocton,
    Pictures of our accomodations and good ol Missouri charm!

The last one is our cabin from a distance.... (I kid, I kid)

10. loanwizard

State:
    Coshocton,
    I will give the verbal story in a few.... gotta sell a car. :smile2:

11. SEMOcats

SEMOcats New Member

State:
    Jackson, Missouri
    Good looking boat. What model and options did you get?

12. loanwizard

State:
    Coshocton,
    We left Thursday night and arrived at Bass Pro in St. Charles where we slept in a nice hotel next to the Tackle store. We got what we needed and headed up to Cook's to get the boat. While we talked and they rigged out the final details, I found out that Sean and Jerry (Brothers) had relatives where my wifes folks are from, Bunker Missouri population 682. When I called the wife and kids that evening her mother had called and everybody knew everybody and was thrilled at what a small world it is. After drooling, I mean picking up the boat, we headed to Truman. We stopped at the dam to see Gary Felkner who drove over 100 miles from KC to fish with us and bring us bait. He caught the only fish we sniffed (other than shad). We had a great time renewing old aquaintances. We also had the great pleasure of meeting Tom VanDiver, a brother that has a cabin nearby, a houseboat at the marina, and a pontoon. With that stark white santy claus beard he was unmistakeable. Tom, thank you so much for your hospitality.
    We were supposed to meet some people at the ramp on Sat. Morning but were stood up :sad2: . So, we fished.... and fished.... and fished some more. We seemed to graph fish at about 40-45 feet, but everything seemed to have lockjaw, we never had a bite. That evening we put in below Truman and marked more fish than I have ever seen on a graph, and they were huge. After a fruitless offering of a feast with no bites we determined that those must be Spoonbill. They were thick up to 3 miles below the spillway. We decided that since the Truman fish weren't cooperative and we had no guides :angry: that we'd head for the Big Muddy. When we got there the water must have appeared high because Jack was nervous and Tony got out the life jackets. On the side of the Alton lock it read 27 feet, the hydrologic internet thingy said it was at 10 feet or so. We anchored in 48 feet of water and had trouble getting 16 oz's of lead to hold. We had a blast but no fish.
    Ahh well, I am psyched about the boat and one of these days I'll learn how to catch cold front falling water 40 degree Blues.

13. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    How's about you considering to sell them new boats! Looks might fancy to me! Also Glad ya liked my home state.Is there any chance you could come to the Missouri Gathering in May? If so it would be a pleasure to shake your hand! Have a good one Brother,very nice boat!!:big_smile: :big_smile:

14. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    Congrats on the new boat,:cool2: I sure wish I could get one. I drive by Cook's every time I go to Mark Twain Lake, and I usually stop in and talk to Drew and Shawn. One of these days hopefully I will own one. You ought to come the the Cook's tournament in August. I hear a lot of fellow BOC members will be there. It was a blast last year.

15. loanwizard

State:
    Coshocton,
    It's a 2072 SeaArk side console with an aerated livewell, front storage, 7 ft locker and diamond plate floor with a trolling motor bracket. It is powered by a 115/80 Yamaha jet.

PK, although I would love to, I probably won't make it this year.

16. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    congrats on the boat...your gonna love it.

17. basstracker 1

basstracker 1 New Member

State:
    indiana
    congrats on the new ride wiz have fun bro

18. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Nice boat shawn, looks like ya did her up right. Good luck with her.:cool2:

19. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    nice looking boat looks like you all had a blast were all did you guys fish at

20. crome

crome New Member

State:
    ilm,nc
    sweet boat!!..does the 80hp jet push it good?