New 2 me lol.

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by Zelenakjason, Aug 31, 2006.

1. Zelenakjason

Zelenakjason New Member

Well I got some Danny King's and will try it this weekend, but I also found this self contained chum in a burlap bag called catfish call. Weighs 3 pounds with a built in eye-let for tieing off. I will test it this weekend also and see how it fairs. I will post later this weekend of its success or failure lol. If it works I don't see why you can't refill the bag with ur own and just resew it shut or in a jam staple it shut lol. I will admit it this weekend is all about trial and error not to mention the valuble time spent with grandpa laughing at me lol.

P.S. I put a pic of it so u can see.

Attached Files:

2. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

Put that chum in the water a day or so before you're going to be fishing if you can - should help get the cats in the area and feeding before you show up with that nasty DK stuff...

3. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I can vouch for the DK's, for my area anyway, but have never heard of the chum. I hope it helps you out. Good luck
  4. gcarlin

gcarlin New Member

Richmond ,Indiana
    Good Luck this weekend and hope you catch some big ones
  5. riddleofsteel

riddleofsteel New Member

We used to take a couple of cans of cheap dog food and a can of cheap cat food and poke holes in it with a nail. Throw them all in an onion bag or a small burlap sack with a couple of ponds of kibbled dog food or horse feed and tie on a small but stout rope. A couple of days before your fishing trip tie it to a tree or root and toss it into your favorite fishing hole.
    At one of our favorite fishing spots on the Dan River in NC a small feeder creek enters the river about 25 yards up stream from a clear spot on the bank. We used to put a bait bag in the creek so the scent would drift out into the river. We were fishing one night and we kept hearing a loud splashing sound from up stream. I took the lantern and when I got to the mouth of the creek a huge flat head catfish was trying to swim up to the source of the scent in the water. A friend of mine that was a gonzo redneck jumped in the creek and tried to catch him by hand. Of course he got away but we hooked him, or one like him, the next night on a live brim.

We never failed to catch a mess of eating size cats when we baited that creek before fishing.
  6. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

I for one will be most interested in your report.I personally have not had any luck with DK" don't know why it just hasn't produced.But I will be interested in that catfish chum,where is it sold at? If it produces results I'm game.----------pk powell:cool2: