New 07' Garcias??

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by IrishO'Brady, Nov 4, 2006.

1. IrishO'Brady

IrishO'Brady New Member

State:
    Ga
    Was curious if anyone had tried the new Garcia 7000 c3i (Aluminum spool, carbon matrix drag, stainless steel ball bearings- wow way to go Garcia, this should help quality) or the new 2007 big game reels?( carbon matrix, shielded stainless bearings)

I still stick with my shimano's , but it looks like Garcia is stepping forward into that level of quality and durability a lot of people have been waiting on- and for only $30-$40 more than a 7000 why not??

May have to go get one, try it out- then put in back in the box and give it as a christmas present LOL

NOTE: if anyone would like to purchase it and send it to me Id be happy to do a full product review :lol:

2. IrishO'Brady

IrishO'Brady New Member

State:
    Ga
    here are some pictures.... looking good too might I add

Attached Files:

3. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    looks good . it looks like they got rid of some of the flashy stuff and made it more fisher friendly with the new handle and drag. Ive been good this year ill take one of those for x-mas:wink:

4. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    I'm definitely getting one of those for Christmas.:haha:

5. IrishO'Brady

IrishO'Brady New Member

State:
    Ga
    I figured you guys might like these :big_smile:

The cheap bushings and crap drag (no offense abu fans) were my biggest complaint, and for a few dollars more this looks awesome (plus the old over sized knob on the 7000 wasnt so great)

Guy at BPS said they even do a new kind of nickel finish on the level wind, makes them tougher for using braid.
    Pretty awesome, I think IM gonna get one for shristmas too :tounge_out:

6. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Thanks Chris, Was sorta wondering if that was what ABU. was going to do when they discontinued the old 7000c3? Are the new ones made in Sweden or china? Just wondering, Seems like a whole lot of stuff is being outsorced to china there days,sorta have a problem with that Myself!! JMHO. Thanks J.D.

7. slimcat

slimcat New Member

State:
    marion kentucky
    what is the release date on the new 7000's and what it retail price?

8. special liberty

special liberty New Member

State:
    Maryland
    Is is Federal Law that all products imported from the Peoples Rebublic of China be labled "Made in China". The ABUs are clearly labled "Made in Sweden".

9. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    Only the ones made in Sweden.

10. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    I see Abu have been updateing there reels. they look nice to.

11. Vonroc

Vonroc New Member

State:
    Central Ohio
    I guess I've never seen this one yet. I just bought a 7000c3 2 weeks ago, I wish I woud have known about this one.

12. IrishO'Brady

IrishO'Brady New Member

State:
    Ga

Buysers for retail locations may get them anywhere from 2 weeks to 6 months, depending on how slow the buying process for the store is BPS is terrible, but their website has it right now- Its already released from my understanding- go to their saltwater baitcast section and check it out

13. WHEELMOBILE07

WHEELMOBILE07 New Member

State:
    Martinsville, Virginia
    I willing to go out on a limb and say anything that abu makes will be good. I wouldn't be scared of any of their baitcasters. That is all I own in the baitcaster category.

Wheelmobile07

14. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
  15. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
  16. MRFLATHEAD

MRFLATHEAD Guest

im gonna buy couple but i went to jamesriveroutdoors and the 7000c3i they show are nothing like the bass pro 7000c3i i want the ones like bass pro has but i dont want to order it then get the red reel

17. slimcat

slimcat New Member

State:
    marion kentucky
    They had better be a lot better for that price. WOW. I don't know about that.

18. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    think il stick with my red's till i get ready to upgrade them , add bearings and remove the brakes completely

19. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    Abu builds a bunch of reels that never see the shores of the US. On some of the surf striper boards, there's a 6500 that's popular for surf fishing. Its sold only in Europe.

20. griz

griz Well-Known Member

State:
    Murray Ky.
    If I ever manage to wearout one of my ABU's I will look into getting one of the new models. My ABU's run in age from 10 to over 30 years old and have never needed any repair, not even a pawl on any of them, only regular oiling. I bank fish so I do tear them down and clean them on a regular basis, 4 times a year, and put a very small drop of oil on the worm gear after every trip. I also back the drag off between trips. After saying all that I will add I catfish and hookup with a striped bass sometimes, if I was going to fish saltwater or sturgeon fish I would go with a Penn.