Never says it's over if you love someone.

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by flathunter, Jul 30, 2009.

1. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Netman Jack made a post that made me want to tell my story, my life is an open book, I am not ashamed.

The women I am married to now had an affair on me a little over 2 years ago, and with that affiar she became pregnant, I was deveastated.

I moved out, and soon after I moved out, the scumbag alcoholic that got her preganant left.

Even after what she done to me I still loved her, but I did have doubts about rasing another mans child, under those conditions.

So I moved back in, and was there through the pregnacy, and at her side when the child was born.

I admit, I did not know how I would react watching my wife dive birth to another mans child, and the pain was horrible.

The baby only weighed 2-lbs at birth, and as I watched him in his incubator, I realized, that although I was not this childs biological father, I was going to be his dad!

I was filled with all kinds of emotions, especially PRIDE.

Now that my son Logan is 2 years old, I could not imagine living without him.

He is my everything, and I could not possibly love him anymore.

At 50 years old I just hope I live long enough to be here for him as he grows up, becaue I am 100 percent his dad..

My biological son is a grown man, and I am very happy to have the chance to be a dad again.

Sometimes things work out for the best.

Below is a picture of my son Logan, taken a few days ago,

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 30, 2009
  2. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Great post of compassion. Reps out to ya!

Bill in SC

3. snakeman76

snakeman76 New Member

State:
    Tallahassee, Fl
    Then you are a better man than most:wink:

4. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Jack, I don't know what to say? I'm glad that the little one is in you life.. I will loose nine grand children..........I hope the very best for you.

5. doughboy

doughboy New Member

State:
    newcomerstown,ohio
    I have four children and wouldnt change it for the world ,But I have madd respect for any man that can raise another mans child and be a real DAD. My hats off to you Jack

6. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    Jack to be a bio father just takes a little while an a sperm donation ,but to be a DAD IS A LIFE TIME OF COMMITMENT TO A CHILD ,a dad is a lot better for the child

7. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Good post. I remember it all man. You were done wrong but obviously came out a better person. I could not have put up that all the crap from that guy. (I will say though that they can cook some good food at his emplyer!) :wink:
    Seriously though, good job, you did better than I could have.

8. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Jack that is great and I can truly say that I dont know if I could do that or not, that would have to be the hardest decision that I could think of. I really cant say how bad that would devastate me and I dont know if I could go on if that happened to me.

9. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Jack most any man can father a child. It does however take a man to be a daddy. Reps to ya dude. By the way i also raised another man's boy of whom i'm just as proud of as my own 2.

10. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    I guess you have a great ability to forgive, that takes a man, and also a lot of compassion. It sounds like your son is a blessing, and thats what you get for your virtue. I'm glad to hear you think so much of him and he is a blessing to ya, the circumstances of his birth are not his fault, and with someone like you he will have a decent life and break the cycle of circumstances that put him on earth.

It does take a real man to put up with your situation, and because you did you are seeing the benefits. I'm glad for ya.

11. HRCats

HRCats New Member

State:
    Ohio
    After reading your post and some of the others there is no way a person can say wether they could do what you did or not without actually living it. I tried to think of what i would do and can't really say. not only do you have love for your son but there is alot of love there for your wife too. Reps to ya buddy!!!!

12. shanelures

shanelures New Member

State:
    ohio
    could'nt say it no better than that!!

13. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    Jack your a helluva man to step up like that and be a daddy cause it sounds like the little guy wouldnt have a dad if it wasnt for you reps to ya

14. RPnKC

RPnKC New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Jack I've always liked the way you fish, now I respect your character.

15. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Jack you are a man with a huge heart. God Bless You an Your Family,,,

16. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Your a better man than I am Jack. I am going through a divorce right now. I still love her but I am not in love with her anymore. Damn you really have stepped up when most men would have walked away.

17. bedbug jr

bedbug jr New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Your son is very lucky to have a Dad such as you because your feelings are real and he in turn will pattern his life in the footsteps of his Dad. Reps to you, but your real reward will be in watching and helping him grow to manhood. Stay safe and God Bless!!!

18. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I made this Post for my Friend Netman Jack.

I just wanted to let him know, that the human soul can take alot, just when you think you cant take anymore, with the will of god you can find inner strength to go on, you must, or give up and die.

But believe me when I was going thru this there was many times I wanted to end it all, but thank god I did not.

Thanks you all for the kind words.

19. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    Man; all I can say is May the Lord put his hands around your family, hold it together and fill it with the Love and Peace beyond understanding you have already in your heart Bro. You've done well.

God Bless.

20. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    thats awesome,never knew that about ya jack.

i felt the same way when we took our niece into our house over a year ago.she grew into the family quick.now we have legal custody she really is our daughter,mostly.

i know the situation is not the same,and yours would be hard to overcome,but at least you know that boy will grow up with someone in his life that actually cares,its hard to find people who can even,or are willing to care for anothers child.