NEVER, say never

Discussion in 'Guns - Blackpowder' started by CountryHart, Nov 28, 2008.

1. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Up until yesterday evening i had never even been grazed by a scope.:confused2: Actually thought many times" how did the idiot let a scope hit him" Common Rookie mistake kinda deal.:smile2::smile2::smile2: Heres the deal, i'm tryin to zero my muzzle loader yesterday evening and got pole axed shooting it one handed. Another dumb mistake was leaving the ram rod in the barrel when i shot it.:angry: Oh well, the scar will make for conversation i guess. The scope is mounted with plenty of eye relief and i wish i hada video of it just to see what really happened. Either way, i got monkey stomped.:nosebleed:

2. kennylee

kennylee New Member

State:
    Missouri -
    :wink: ooch scope eye!
    John I just want know what happend to the ram rod?

3. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    It's still headed north i think.:smile2::smile2::smile2:

4. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    John
    Let me see if I can determine what caused that to happen. The weather was pretty, you was in shirt sleeves, Not dresses like you would have been if hunting. The lack of the extra padding of your hunting clothes would have prevented it from happening PROBABLY.
    Hope you don't have to big a conversation scar.
    As for the ramrod I think everyone has done that at one time or another . That is why the sell those nice fiberglass replacement rods at Wal-Mart.

5. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I was using the trolling motor of my boat for a rest. Had to crouch down more than i like but had shot it twice already. Heck i don't know what happened but it knocked sparks from my lil' tail.:smile2:

6. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    I have been tapped by scopes before but never lost blood from them yet. Maybe I'm thick skinned:smile2: Not saying it won't happen but not yet.
    When I mount a scope I always adjust the eye relief with my hunting clothes or a heavy jacket on so when I shoulder the gun I don't have to hunt for proper eye relief. This is why I think the hunting clothes would have prevented it. The extra layer or 2 pf clothes would have increased eye relief a little bit.

7. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Too funny John, well since it wasnt me anyway. :wink:
    I was around 16 and we were target shooting a 30-06. My bro had it turned up to full power on the scope. My turn and I had to creep up on it to get enough eye relief. Big mistake. Drew blood in a perfect circle. Look kinda funny with a round black eye circle....:smile2:

8. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    John that is the first time I heard that excuse for a black eye. Maybe someone else can tell us about page 2.:big_smile:

9. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    What the hay just hit me in the south? :tounge_out: Glad your allright buddy.

10. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Sorry to hear about that John. Will you be able to see good enough to shoot. I know you will be flinching for awhile!:wink: Good luck hunting brother

11. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    It's almost like mis-understanding someone saying SHUT-UP, and you thought they said Stand Up.:smile2::smile2::smile2: Heck with guns, i'm ready to go back to bow huntin.:wink:

12. Jacksmooth

Jacksmooth Member

State:
    West Virginia
    I about done the same with my 280 the other day. I was shooting at a doe and wasnt holding the gun tight enough. Knocked my hat off my head and about turned my glasses sideways.:big_smile: Got the doe though.:wink:

13. Poppa

Poppa New Member

State:
    Pinson, Al
    THERE AIN'T A HORSE THAT CAN'T RODE.
    AND THERE AIN'T A COWBOY THAT CAN'T BE THROWED.

14. badkarma

badkarma New Member

State:
    Oxford,Miss
    John you just joind the club,I've been hit three times.A 3006 will bite ya.:eek:oooh: