Never caught a blue catfish

Discussion in 'Blue Catfishing' started by Jay Jay, Feb 13, 2007.

1. Jay Jay

Jay Jay New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    I fish the Fox and Wolf in Wis. , as far as I know we dont have any blues in our system , anybody know anything about that ? Do they eat as good as flatties &channels ? thanks

2. F150Catfish

F150Catfish New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    well I grew up in Wisconsin, I have caught some flathead in Fox River but plus nice size of channel... I don't have caught any blue catfish in Wisc... well yes they are good taste. well For channel, use chicken liver, cutbait, and worms. for Flathead use livebait big minnow, bluegills, sucker, and other baitfish you can catch them as well... well hope it's help you..

3. Gary S.

Gary S. New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I believe you are on the northern fringe of their range. And to answer your other question, the can be voracious at times. I'd say for comparison, their appetites are more similar to a flattie than a channel. Bigger blues seem to like bigger baits. There are more qualified folks on here than I, who will have more to add.

4. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    Blues are one fine rod and reel fish. Sunday, caught a 6 lb one on my Ugly Stick Catfish rod and Penn 209 loaded with 30lb Big Game. Even with that heavy gear, that cat danced on top and swung back and forth in bit arcs as I reeled him in. He put up a respectable fight and will be fried up Wednesday.

5. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Jay, Welcome to the BOC!

6. Greg Alsept

Greg Alsept New Member

State:
    Ohio
    that sucks you are really missing out on something fun