Neutered my 44.

Discussion in 'Handgun Talk' started by One Legged Josh, Apr 3, 2009.

1. One Legged Josh

One Legged Josh New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I bought this Ruger Superblackhawk in 44 mag. last year. Let me tell you the roll in the recoil was hard for me to get used to.:confused2:
    So, finally I mounted up a set of Hogue grips yesterday, Wow what a difference. It handles like a completely different gun, the felt recoil is reduced by about half. This will make a fine little deer shooter now.....olj

Attached Files:

• 001.jpg
      001.jpg
      File size:
      20.2 KB
      Views:
  2. Poppa

Poppa New Member

State:
    Pinson, Al
    I have wooden finger groove grips on my mod. 29 smith and you
    are right it does make a big difference on the roll. Yours are probably
    even better because the rubber offers cushion to.

3. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    At one time I owned a TC contender super 14 in 357 Maximum. I changed the grips from the stock to Pachmeyer ,Made a huge difference,But I still had to wear shooting gloves as the trigger spur would leave the knuckles of my right hand bloodied after 10 rnds or so.:confused2:

4. One Legged Josh

State:
    Ohio
    That is why I picked up the hogue instead of the pachmyer; the grips cover the bottom of the trigger-guard and protects that middle finger.

5. gardengrz

gardengrz New Member

State:
    wakeman,ohio
    if i had a 100 handguns, theyd all have hogue grips. just dreamin of course:big_smile::cool2:

6. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I ain't sure they were available back in 1980? might be wrong,But If they were I most likely couldn't have afforded them after the contender :smile2:

7. One Legged Josh

State:
    Ohio
    I dont know either buddy! I want to get a contender bad. Hogue's are cheaper than the pachmyer's. thats another reason I chose them.:smile2:

8. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Put a hogue jr. grip on my keltec p11. Big difference from factory.

9. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    Nice i like the new grips,cant beat a ruger.

10. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    I was getting lazy, I put rubber grips on my Ruger .44 Mag Super Blackhawk. Much more comfortable to shoot. The recoil is hard on my wrist tho.

11. Kip Brandel

Kip Brandel New Member

State:
    Glasgow, Kentuc
    I use Hogue, it may just be me put ALL of the Pachmyer grips I've had felt HUGE and were not comfortable. My 38 special Taurus snubnose had Pachmyer grips on when I got it and they were not comfortable to shoot and the gun did not want to stay on target when shooting. I traded a guy for an original wood set and like it alot better. 5 shots into a can at 10-15 yds and never have to adjust my grip.
    My Redhawk had another set that made it a two handed gun, the Hogue set I put on are much smaller and grip MUCH MUCH better, within 50yds and a one handed shot, it is mine.

12. One Legged Josh

State:
    Ohio
    I also have them on my Taurus .357 mag, and the slip on version on my P-94 .40 Cal Ruger.

Attached Files: