Neuse river ???

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by scott1, Sep 13, 2007.

1. scott1

scott1 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Has anyone had any luck on the Nuese lately? I havent had a chance to get out in a couple weeks so I am thinking about trying this weekend. Is the water level hurting my chances of landing a fish? Has anyone boated anything lately?

2. bilyjojimbob

bilyjojimbob New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Did pretty good last night. A 26 lber was the biggest one. Having to change to different baits alot to get them to bite. last night they wouldnt hit any bream or eels.

3. JAYNC

JAYNC New Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    Went the other night, lost a big one at the boat, going again tonight to see whats going on.

4. JAYNC

JAYNC New Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    Has anyone been on the neuse lately from kinston on down to new bern. I went a week ago but didn't stay too late and no fish. Hopefully this cooler weather will turn on the bite, I know it has in years past.

5. hungupagain

hungupagain New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    there were alot of log jams spanning the whole width of the river east of smithfield,in the bends.

6. JAYNC

JAYNC New Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    Anyone planning on fishing soon, I was thinking if it wasn't raining saturday night that I would go. I think with the rising water the fishing will be awesome. These fish haven't seen rain in forever and I think they will be going crazy.

7. JAYNC

JAYNC New Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    I guess no one fishes the neuse anymore and no one uses this forum. I remember the days when I could put a question or a comment on here and it seems like it was answered right away, now it takes days or weeks or it never gets answered. Where has everyone in NC gone to.

8. scott1

scott1 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I am going to try to make it out next weekend if the weather lets me, I havent been in a while, getting ready for a deployment so I am trying to spend some time with the family. Let me know how you do if you make it before I do.