Neuse River Question?

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by fish-n-pitch, Aug 25, 2009.

1. fish-n-pitch

fish-n-pitch New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I am heading to fish the Neuse for some flatheads tommorrow night and wanted to get some info. on the river levels from you guys that have been on it recently. I will be in a 20ftCC and wanted to make sure that there is enough water at Cow Pen for me to put in an fish that part of the river. Thanks in advance for you help.

2. cat'n around

cat'n around New Member

State:
    Vanceboro N.C.
    went tonight and didnt get a run. water is lower than i like it but its fishable. been real slow around here. good luck

3. fish-n-pitch

fish-n-pitch New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Thanks for the info Brent, I haven't been on the river since the first of June. I was fishing up around the Pitch Kettle Creek way then an caught a 61# Flathead, but I can't get my boat around in that area of the river right now, hopeing that it is better on down the river so I can do alittle fishing.

4. Bryan8552

Bryan8552 New Member

State:
    nc
    The cowpen ramp is not very long. You better wade into the water and find the end of it before launching. We backed a trailer off of it last year when the river was not real low.

5. holbrookncsu

holbrookncsu New Member

State:
    nc
    Went last night at poole rd.. Then river was low caught a small flat head and a pretty nice gar..

6. cat'n around

cat'n around New Member

State:
    Vanceboro N.C.

you sure it was cow pen? i have put my boat in there when you could walk under both docks and not get your toes wet, and have never ran off the end. now spring garden and maple cypress are a diff. story.

7. JAYNC

JAYNC Active Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    I've never had a problem launching at cowpen either

8. karaep

karaep Member

State:
    Greenville, NC

I've backed my 16 ft. boat off the end of the ramp in Maple Cypress, and the water wasn't even that low. Never had a problem at Cow Pen.

On that note, I talked to the Wildlife folks and was told the new ramp at Maple Cypress would be placed in the water in late October or early November.

9. Bryan8552

Bryan8552 New Member

State:
    nc
    Excuse me fellows. I had a brain fart. We were at Maple Cypress when we backed off the ramp. Thanks for clearing that up!