Neuse river noob

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by catfishwillee, May 4, 2009.

1. catfishwillee

catfishwillee Member

State:
    Knoxville, TN
    New to north carolina i just moved from tennessee about a year ago.
    I am now in Greenville and want to regularly start fishing the neuse in goldsboro. I went last weekend with cut herring and live bream and nothing.
    Any pointers for this weekend. I know they're still spawning and its slow but still should catch something..... How deep? Close to shore? etc.

Thanks in advance and im glad to be a member.

Will

2. CATFISHGARY1

CATFISHGARY1 New Member

State:
    Coats,North Carolina
    welcome to the boc

your in some good water there but anywhere on the neuse is good , my opinion get rid of the herring ,stay with the bream and get some eels and fish everything from trash piles and willows with some good holes close by and fish from shallow to deep til you locate the fish it shouldnt take long ,the flats arent spawning just yet so you should do pretty good with them

3. Cattn-Jeep

Cattn-Jeep New Member

State:
    NC
    Are you fishing from the bank or a boat? I'm here in Goldsboro and know a few good spots for both bank and boat fishing. I've got a boat, it doesn't have a floor right now though. I have not fished the Neuse yet this season and would be more than happy to have you along. But, beware, I'm horrible at catching anything other than small channels...:sad2:

4. goldsborocatbuster

goldsborocatbuster New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    hey there.. Im in goldsboro too.. All I have is a small joh boat, I dont trust the river with it. Anyhow, I live near the new wal mart up off 581 and 70. Can you point me in the direction of some good bank fishing for some big cats? I dont mind driving a little bit. I went this afternoon near the air base under a bridge not far from EZ Mart bait shop.. Let me know, I really wanna hook into a big cat.
    Thanks.

5. CATFISHGARY1

CATFISHGARY1 New Member

State:
    Coats,North Carolina
    anywhere up and down thru that area is good ,EZ bait i wouldnt buy nothing from that 2 face $#@% if he was the only one around id quit fishing

6. Cattn-Jeep

Cattn-Jeep New Member

State:
    NC
    Just down stream from that bridge is where Stoney Creek empties out, it's a decent spot...try to fish all the way across by the rock wall; watch out for the power lines though. The area at Ferry Bridge and a ways up stream is good too. Both are accessible for bank fishing.

7. creekman

creekman New Member

State:
    nc
    I am wondering why you go all the way to Goldsboro if you are in Gville. You are driving right over huge cat waters i.e Neuse river in Kinston, that is where you need to go, get all the bait you want at Neuse Sport Shop.
    Good Luck!

8. catfishwillee

catfishwillee Member

State:
    Knoxville, TN
    The reason i drive to goldsboro is cuz my friend's parents live there. so its a good place to crash after late night fishing. Haven't tried kinston yet. I hope to sometime soon tho. I'll post pics of last weekend in the neuse river 09 thread.