Neuse River in Kinston Sat 16th

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by JAYNC, Sep 14, 2006.

1. JAYNC

JAYNC Active Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    I should be going to Kinston saturday night, I found some great spots during the catfish tournament and have been wanting to go back there ever since. I have a bunch of eels and hopefully some breem by then. Let me know if anyone wants to go along and hopefully catch some nice fish. Havent caught a fish over 40lbs in a month or so, need to get one soon.

2. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Sounds great have a ton of fun!---------------pk powell:smile2:

3. tammeej

tammeej New Member

State:
    NC
    ill go with you jason if the weather is good. what time would you be leaving? Give me a call

4. JAYNC

JAYNC Active Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    I changed my mind, I am going tomorrow night instead of saturday. I'll call you if you still want to go up there. I will probably leave here around six or seven.

5. bowfin

bowfin New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    If you ever need someone to go let me know.

6. tammeej

tammeej New Member

State:
    NC
    Jason i cant make it tommorow night.Dang!! if u decide go saturday to let me know ok?Or i can go any night next week

7. JAYNC

JAYNC Active Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    I am going to net some shrimp saturday night, from right here in newport. Probably leave around six thirty or seven and fish for whatever until the tide starts coming back in late in the night. If you want to go and do that let me know.

8. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    Sounds like your gonna have some fun! I'd go if I lived around there.
    Allways like a shur thing!

9. tammeej

tammeej New Member

State:
    NC
    Jason did you ever make it out with all that wind? If you did let me know how the shrimping went.

10. JAYNC

JAYNC Active Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    Yeah I went out there, I caught a good number of shrimp and some skates and an 18" flounder in the morning. Lots of sea bass and blue fish too.

11. tammeej

tammeej New Member

State:
    NC
    i didnt think you would end up going.It was still blowing pretty good here.Glad u did well.Was the water rough? The water has gone down to almost normal here at spring garden and its not running to fast so the fishing should be picking back up again if we dont get a lot of rain today.

12. JAYNC

JAYNC Active Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    Yeah it wasn't too bad, the way the fishing is down there, normally you can get out of the wind somewhere. The waves weren't too bad since it is the intercoastal. I might go tonight for a little while for something to do if it isnt storming. I hope the cats start biting soon, I think they did this last year too. From what I remember september was very slow but october and november were awesome.

13. joe0580

joe0580 New Member

State:
    north carolina
    yes it was cause i think we meet in like late sept and fished a lot in nov. so we all need to get together and do something like a mini gathering and cook out . make a weekend of it. would be nice to be in company with people who think catfish as a game fish not trash.

14. usmc0208

usmc0208 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    sounds like it might be a good trip