Neuse river good evening

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by mack in n.c., Jul 30, 2007.

1. mack in n.c.

mack in n.c. Member

State:
    cary nc
    hello fellow boc members.....havent done any catfishing since spring....been busy smallmouthbass fishing and other fishing....well anyway, i went to 1 of my favorite spots sat evening and caught some decent fish out of my canoe......nothing huge, but aprox 20 cats from 5 lb channel to 30 lb blue........sorry, the blue would not tf from card to computer...dont know why....caught 5 channels 5-7 bs, 10 blues 5-30lbs and 5 or 6 flatties from 12-21 lbs...............all caught on live bream ............

also, be careful.....i was in craven county and there is 1 spot that right now you can walk accross the river and not get your knees wet.....thought i was in johnston county for a while...my fish came out of 14 ft deep water.....thnaks mack

Attached Files:

• cc1.jpg
      cc1.jpg
      File size:
      18.4 KB
      Views:
    • cc2.jpg
      cc2.jpg
      File size:
      13.4 KB
      Views:
  2. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    Nice fish man, especially the flattie and that big blue.

3. bufryda1

bufryda1 New Member

State:
    Erwin, NC
    Nice catch. Thats a pretty channel... Yeh your right, the Neuse in Smithfield is ankle deep right now.

4. HHinNC

HHinNC Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I can see why that is your favorite spot ! Those are really nice fish. Thanks for letting me see the photos.

5. wampuscat1

wampuscat1 New Member

State:
    north carolina
    congrats on the fish gotta love the neuse!!

6. JAYNC

JAYNC New Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    That sounds like a good night Mack, I think I know where you are talking about as far as walking across the river, thats where I ran over some wood piles that someone put in the river a long time ago, I wish I could find someone to remove them, they cost me about $400.

7. Timber Cat

Timber Cat New Member

State:
    Penderlea NC
    Sounds like you had a great trip! Thanks for sharing :big_smile:

8. Tubby Catfishin

Tubby Catfishin New Member

State:
    Ramseur, North Carolina
    really nice fish Mack!!! Congrats on such a good evenin!! Im goin 2nite to Jordan....... prolly wont do as good as u but.......??????????

9. luke1wcu

luke1wcu New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    way off topic, but mack, I see you are from Cary, I'm from Raleigh. I'm just curious if you're catch smallmouth around here or have you been going out west for them. I didn't think there were smallmouth anywhere around here but if so, I would love to try and catch one, its been more than awhile. If there are around the triangle please let me know where I might find some.
    thanks!

Luke

10. alaskanollie

alaskanollie New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    thanks for sharing

11. mack in n.c.

mack in n.c. Member

State:
    cary nc
    hey luke, nearest smallies are in the dan river right in downtown danville va, not found much farther downstream than danville.....i have caught 1 as far east as the sewage treatment plant which is about 1-2 miles east of danville..........next closest place is the uwharrie river...........uwharrie was stocked(2 feeder creeks) with smallmouth in the 60's and they are doing well......i like the dan better as it is bigger water and more smallies...great blue and flatheads also.....check out american riverfishing.com/northcarolina/braggingboard ...i have plent of pics on there...thanks mack

12. crankbait77

crankbait77 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Went out last night on the lower Neuse. Just as it got dark we caught two good blues on eel, but nothing more after that but gar. Did anyone else go out? How did you do?