Neuse River Friday Night!

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by fish-n-pitch, Aug 30, 2009.

1. fish-n-pitch

fish-n-pitch New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Well I went back to the Neuse friday night, an took a friend that had never caught a fish over 15# let alone a flathead. Long story short it was a flathead bonanza and I think my friend is hooked for life. Fish weights went something like this: Flatheads: 2/35#, 3/20-23#, 9/15-18#: Blues: 1/28#, 1/10#. At the end of the night I was in disbelief at the number of flatheads that we had caught, and told my friend to cherish that night because it doesn't happen like that much on flatheads. All fish were CPR'd and caught on bream, crappie, and shellcracker.

2. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    Spencer yall had a heck of a night ,thanks for sharing :wink::smile2:

3. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    Yeah, you get double digit flatheads you're doing something....Congratulations on a heck of a night!!

4. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Awesome catch there! Could only wish we had a few more of the blues in this are I'm in. Congrats on the catch an many thanks for the great post!

5. CatSlayer715

CatSlayer715 New Member

State:
    gville NC
    congratulations man. Where do you put in at??

6. catfishhunter2009

catfishhunter2009 New Member

State:
    North Caro
    Wow , sounds like a hell of a trip . Those are the ones that make up for all those not so fun trips , congrat's and thanks for the post ...:wink::big_smile:

7. catinthenet

catinthenet New Member

State:
    north carolina
    Congrats on the catch. I took a family out friend out today on the Cape Fear, his first time now he's hooked. It's a good feeling turning someone on to fishing.

8. cat'n around

cat'n around New Member

State:
    Vanceboro N.C.
    :misdoubt:i hate to do this but i gotta call you out bro, i gotta see some pics. two nights of that kinda fishin, i cant help it. ive fished prolly some of the same places you fished in creeks, mouths, drop offs, the whole nine. not to mention 2 to 3 nights a week and most every weekend and i have never had one of those kinda of night much less 2. sorry man ill jst have to be the spoiler of the post but im not beleaving this. on top of all that i live 5 mins from the ramp and talk to alot of people that fish here and they arent doing nothing either, maybe 5 fish a night. now given i know you have stayed all night from sundown to sunup but still i just dont know man. sorry :misdoubt:

Last edited: Aug 30, 2009
  9. fish-n-pitch

fish-n-pitch New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Be patient Brent the pics are coming, I don't have a digital camera and had to wait an fill a roll of film before I get them developed. I am planning on doing that tommorrow.

10. cat'n around

cat'n around New Member

State:
    Vanceboro N.C.
    Hey man if you want to see some pics i have some on my cell phone if you want to give me you number an i can send you a message of all the fish of the front deck of my boat before i released them. i keep all my fish alive on the boat until i am done fishing a hole because i believe that when you release flatheads back in that hole they will take the rest away with them.

here is my number man sendm on. 252-474-5997

11. cat'n around

cat'n around New Member

State:
    Vanceboro N.C.
    well folks looks like cat'n around needs to step up his game some. thanks for the pic spencer. i was sent a pic from spencer with what looks to be 9 fish on the front of his boat. cant say too much else about it now i guess. good job.

12. fish-n-pitch

fish-n-pitch New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Hey Brent the river fish are all yours this week through the weekend, I am going to leave that area of the river alone for a while and let the fish have a rest. Besides I just cleaned up the boat getting ready to go to Santee an fish for four days towards the end of the week. Hope to work on the fish down there for a few days.

13. cat'n around

cat'n around New Member

State:
    Vanceboro N.C.
    oh well everyone has a few good nights every once in a while. mines coming just aint time yet. :smile2::wink:

14. cat'n around

cat'n around New Member

State:
    Vanceboro N.C.
    just for everyone elses veiwing pleasures to see what i got to see.

Attached Files:

15. catfish98054

catfish98054 New Member

State:
    hampstead,
    nice bunch of fish congrats looks like proff enough to me i just wish i could do that some time makes me jelouse ( where do you buy your dynamite :smile2::crazy: )

16. catfishhunter2009

catfishhunter2009 New Member

State:
    North Caro
    That is a nice mess of fish right there . That had to be a blast , look's like a heck of a trip . Congrats , thanks for postin the pic Brent ...:big_smile::wink:

17. CatSlayer715

CatSlayer715 New Member

State:
    gville NC
    dude, did you catch those in the neuse in vanceboro???

18. karaep

karaep Member

State:
    Greenville, NC
    Brent,

I'm curious about why you believe releasing flatheads back into the area your fishing will chase away the remaining fish. I don't have a large livewell on my boat so I can't hold fish, but if it's a sure thing I will have to fiqure something out.

19. catfishwillee

catfishwillee Member

State:
    Knoxville, TN
    i can add to that. a lot of times if you miss your first fish it will just go right back into the hole and hide which will put the other fish if there are any there in danger mode. but if you will notice, most of the time catfishing can be sparatic.... wait 2 hours then catch 3 fish at once. that first fish biting can set off a feeding frenzy but if it doesnt get hooked can also spook other fish.

20. catfishwillee

catfishwillee Member

State:
    Knoxville, TN
    i do that too sometimes if the fish are close enough together. i will keep it in the boat while i am reeling another one in. then release a couple at once. no livewell.