Neuse River Christmas Present

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by JAYNC, Dec 27, 2007.

1. JAYNC

JAYNC New Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    Well after opening some presents and enjoying christmas day I decided to take my dad fishing, who is visiting from Illinois. We went up to the neuse with some eels and parked in about 12' of water. He caught a couple small blues and some bowfin. After about 30 minutes the baitrunner peeled out line like crazy. He ended up catching a 35lb blue and he said it was the best christmas present he got in a long time. Not a monster fish to me but to him it was huge since he is from up north. Spending time fishing on christmas was pretty fun considering we were only on the river 2 hrs, the best part was seeing the smiles on his face, and the fish swimming away. I will post a picture of the fish soon.

2. Bryan8552

Bryan8552 New Member

State:
    nc
    Nice bluecat Jay, glad yall had a good christmas!

3. C_wernett

C_wernett New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I bet he was stoked! I would be too, especially considering that I haven't even fished for cats in nearly 6 months.

4. tomflatcat

tomflatcat New Member

State:
    Hampstead, NC
    That's the best present a son could give his dad.

5. Quint

Quint New Member

State:
    N.C.
    Congrats, that's what it's all about. Given you dad back an experience like he gave to you, and you'll give to your kids.

6. JAYNC

JAYNC New Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    We went out again twice after christmas and caught 8 more blues, but the biggest being only 20 lbs. Here is a couple pics of the 35lb blue before it was released to fight another day.

Attached Files:

7. tammeej

tammeej New Member

State:
    NC
    Thats awesome Jason :big_smile: Im glad he got to catch a nice blue.Im looking to buy a new boat then im going to go give it a try:smile2: