The United States Catfish Association Forum and Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
image.jpeg
First post for me, I've been watching this board for some time, just now getting around to posting. I went out on the Neuse today at Goldsboro (117 Hwy). Caught 5 cats, 4 Blues and a Flathead. The Flathead was around 8lbs, three of the Blues were around 10-12lbs and the other was right at 30lbs. All fish were caught and released. Only took a picture of the big Blue. River was higher than what I usually like, and water was muddy. Overall it was a good trip, and very successful for the few hours I spent fishing.

Administrator
Welcome to the USCA forum Kody. Looks like you had a really nice day. That is an excellent way to begin your first post. And that is a nice rod and reel you have. O always enjoy the pictures so thanks for the post.

I'll have to look up Goldsboro to see what state your fishin' in. You might add that to your profile and it will show under your name.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the USCA forum Kody. Looks like you had a really nice day. That is an excellent way to begin your first post. And that is a nice rod and reel you have. O always enjoy the pictures so thanks for the post.

I'll have to look up Goldsboro to see what state your fishin' in. You might add that to your profile and it will show under your name.
I'm in North Carolina. Goldsboro is half way between Raleigh NC and Wilmington NC

Registered
Discussion Starter #4

And thank you for the warm welcome. The rods I use are TWC (tangling with catfish) Extreme rods, paired with Abu Garcia Ambassadeur 7000 C3 reels

Administrator
Yep, I recognized the TWC's right off. That is one of my go to rods. I have 7000s on mine also. Those Blues are a lot of fun and I am sure you will be getting to know quite a few of them.

Thanks for being a responsible fisherman by participating in catch and release. Or CPR, catch, photograph and release as some refer to it.

tight lines.

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
Update 6/10. I went to the river again today. Fished from 10:00am to 6:00pm and caught 9 fish. All fish were blue cats, the largest was around 15lbs. Most fish average 10lbs, had one fish on that broke off it felt like a good fish. The River has dropped to about ideal fishing conditions, though continues to be muddy. Fish were caught on cut bluegill, on TWC extreme rods, Abu Garcia Ambassadeur 7000c3 reels. Overall it was a great day, beautiful weather, and good bite action.

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter #13
Update 4/20/18 caught first flathead of the year, not big but a scrappy fighter around 8-9lbs. Went out one day targeting channel cat and caught 34 all around 1-2lbs. The cat bite is really heating up, going to try them out again tomorrow despite the high water level.

Registered
Nice work! I caught a 15 lb blue on a set line with frozen shad a week ago...it鈥檚 about time for me to start catchin some bream and go for the flatties

Registered
Man you got it going on bud! Lunkers...eaters.... flatheads.....you've got it all covered. +1 on the nice pics

1 - 15 of 15 Posts