Neuse River at Spring Garden

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by scott1, Aug 4, 2007.

1. scott1

scott1 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Went out tonight and hooked up with a couple, biggest being 43#. My new PB. I had a couple hits on eels but got this big one on a live bream.

Attached Files:

2. scott1

scott1 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    All fish were CPR'ed, as always.

3. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    Nice fish man. Nice to hear you got your biggest flathead ever. Now all ya gotta do is get one bigger than that! This spring garden place seems to be a pretty good spot to fish. I wish that place wasn't so far away.

4. JAYNC

JAYNC New Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    SEE!!, I told you you would get one, good job. I am going out tonight with my girlfriend and another friend, hopefully they are biting good. For some reason I cant break 50lbs on flathead and cant break 60lbs on the blues, hopefully someday it will happen but until then I will just keep fishing.

5. crankbait77

crankbait77 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Hey that is a really nice looking flat, Jay has gotten me hooked on these fish as well, and I just landed my biggest to date as well. They are addictive, I don't know any other fish that has ever caused me to re-rig my boat and buy alot of new tackle but these. Again really nice fish.

6. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    I'd have to agree with ya on that Wesley. I'm contemplating buying another boat just to have one to catfish out of.

7. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    congrates on the catch! nice fish and thanks for the cpr.

8. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Congrats on the new PB Scott that was a hammer. Glad to hear you CPR ed him. Fished the Pee Dee the other night and they were hiting the live eels and just letting them go are they doing the same on the Neuse?

9. scott1

scott1 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I am not having that problem with the eels, they are working for me. I guess I just had the bream in the right place at the right time. I got two on eels the same night.

10. JAYNC

JAYNC New Member

State:
    Newport N.C.

AHHH!!!!

Another person I have hooked on catfishing, sorry about the money you had to spend to get into it but it'll be worth it. Nothing better than setting the hook into a monster, I just hope I can find one soon, haven't seen one over fifty in quite a while.

11. SUNDROP

SUNDROP New Member

State:
    Washington
    I'm gonna have to come down and give the Neuse a try. I have a 15ft walk thru so I can't do shallows. Will I be ok around Spring Garden, or do I need to go down river? I'll have to do a couple of daylight trips to get familiar with the area first I guess.

12. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    When you come up this way, bring me 50 of those hotdogs from downtown Washington.:smile2: I freeze them things.

13. tammeej

tammeej New Member

State:
    NC
    Yes u will be fine around spring garden.Theres a lot bigger boats than that that launch there and there are no hidden logs ,stumps ect.You do not have to go far from the launch to catch them either.My biggest flathead yet was caught within site of the boatlaunch on a live eel.Good luck its a great place for big cats

14. SUNDROP

SUNDROP New Member

State:
    Washington
    hey, you let me know where we can meet sometime and I'll be happy to deliver a load of Bill's Hotdogs!!! I love those things!!!! But as you can see :embarassed:, I ain't scared of food either..LOL!!!!!!:eek:oooh:

15. scott1

scott1 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Anybody make it out on the river tonight? I am in the doghouse so I figured I would play it safe and get some things done around the house but I am thinking I might have missed some good fishing with yesterdays storm and the temp drop.

16. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC

We've tried over and over to break that gravy down ingredient by ingredient with no luck. Those are the worlds best hotdogs.
    My daughter was born in little Washington and her middle name is Dare named after Virginia Dare. We have friends in Chocowinity.

17. SUNDROP

SUNDROP New Member

State:
    Washington
    Mark I married a local gal in 2005 and moved here from Franklin County. She works in Chocowinity and all of her family is here and in Aurora.
    I cant figure that stuff out either. I know it is flour and pepper but I dont know the rest.I know the weiners are fried in true lard. I try to eat them at least once a week.... I know my heart will just clog up and stop some day!!
    PM me if you want to swap some names and see who we know...:wink:

18. SUNDROP

SUNDROP New Member

State:
    Washington
    Rode by the Sprng Garden launch on my way back from new bern the other day. Looks kinda "shady" as far as leaving my trailer and truck overnight. Anyone had any issues out there? Also is the launch as shallow as it seems looking from shore?

19. JAYNC

JAYNC New Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    never had a problem leaving the truck annd trailer there overnight, just please park in the parking lot above the ramp, I cant stand it when people are too lazy to walk an extra hundred feet and clog up the ramp area with vehicles. As far as launching, if you have four wheel drive you will have no problem launching off of the dirt, if you dont have four wheel drive I would recommend launching at cowpen landing, its only a couple miles upriver from there on river road and it has a nice concrete ramp. I have seen a few trucks get stuck while trying to pull their boat out of the water at spring garden.

20. SUNDROP

SUNDROP New Member

State:
    Washington
    Thanks Jay. And a good point to parking in the lot. I see it can get jammed up quick if you don't keep your rig outta the way! I have a 4x4 so I should be fine...