neuse river 2010......

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by cat'n around, Jan 1, 2010.

1. cat'n around

cat'n around New Member

State:
    Vanceboro N.C.
    well i guess its only right to start a 2010 thread now so here it is fellas. tracy and i started the new year off fishing, we caught 2 24in. rock. no cats but atleast we were fishin.

cant wait to see what this year has in store for us on the neuse.

2. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    Way to start the New Year out by rippin' some lips Brent. I'm sure you guys are gonna put some biggun's in the boat from the Neuse this year. It's about time ya'll quit hunting and started back fishing, miss reading the reports of them big flatheads:wink:

3. MattTheCat

MattTheCat New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    the new year did start slow went yesterday only caught 2 that went 10 each and a 5 lber did have one on that was nice but spit it cant believe how high the nuese still is

4. CATFISHGARY1

CATFISHGARY1 New Member

State:
    Coats,North Carolina
    matt i know what you mean ,looks like high water and low temps to start the fist tourny of the year on the neuse , but the 16th is still a little way off maybe well warm up some

5. catfishwillee

catfishwillee Member

State:
    Knoxville, TN
    2010!!! woo hoo :big_smile: hope its a good one. good luck to everyone

6. CatSlayer715

CatSlayer715 New Member

State:
    gville NC
    hey gary, whats the schedule for the tourneys this year??

7. CATFISHGARY1

CATFISHGARY1 New Member

State:
    Coats,North Carolina
    if you go to the tourny section and pull up E NORTH CAROLINA TRAIL is the schedule and the first one is schedule for smithfield next weakend the 16th day tournament

8. seth3221

seth3221 New Member

State:
    NC
    I had no idea there was going to be one in smithfield. I"m glad you posted. Maby the river will stay up. I went the other day and put in behind the jug and was able to run wide open with no problem up and down river. Let me know if any of you guyz want to put in and ride.

Peace
    Seth

9. amk29

amk29 New Member

State:
    Durham, NC
    Anybody been fishing the neuse upstream around raleigh? I know the flatheads are probably asleep but anybody catching blues? Thanks for any updates. Good luck!

10. seth3221

seth3221 New Member

State:
    NC
    Just got off the neuse in smithfield about 6 tonight. The water has gone done about 6ft in the past week. I was only marking 2-8ft and the 8ft was in the usual holes. Mostly 2-5 every where else. You guys are in for some shallow water fishing next week. Good luck guyz.

11. MattTheCat

MattTheCat New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    what section was that seth ? was it above smithfield because the water level is showing 7+ ft there today according to the usgs site

12. cliu

cliu Member

State:
    North Carolina
    How is the water levels, temp and are there any fish being caught around smithfield. haven't been since the last warm streak.

13. MattTheCat

MattTheCat New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    the tourny should still be on in smithfield this sat it is showing 5' 3" for fri sat sun so it shouldnt drop out on anybody the weather looks good only question is will the fish bite i sure hope so hope to see everyone sat

14. seth3221

seth3221 New Member

State:
    NC
    I put in behind the little brown jug. I went up river a couple miles. I didnt fish any though. I may go tomorrow and ride some more. I will not be fishing on Saturday so I will let you know about the water levels if I can. Where is this Cow Pen place? Is it the one with the gate off of 301 that stays locked?

15. cliu

cliu Member

State:
    North Carolina
    No cowpen is a wildlife landing it should not be locked.

16. MattTheCat

MattTheCat New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    the one wih the lock is at nuese bait and tackle or the breadbox to some but i guess someone else owns the ramp its 10 bucks to launch there that is where the weigh in will be sat afternoon cow pen is a few hours from there

17. seth3221

seth3221 New Member

State:
    NC
    Ok. Thanks for the clarification. Well, I went out on the neuse again yesterday. Put in at the same spot behind the jug. There are some low spots that for sure. I know the level is a little higher below I95 I was all up river again yesterday. I went to fish a spot I found. Not much luck though. My advise is to trim the motor up and don't let off until you get to your spot. I think there are going to be some fish cought this weekend though. Good luck guyz.

18. karaep

karaep Member

State:
    Greenville, NC
    Went out Saturday from around 11am-2pm. Put in at the Maple Cypress ramp on the Neuse, the new double ramp and dock are excellent. The water was 38 degrees, fast, and a little murky. We fished with eels and cut mullet catching one 15lb blue on an eel. It was a really nice day to be on the water with my son Joseph and friend Jacob.

Attached Files:

19. Catfishin_Farm_Boy

Catfishin_Farm_Boy New Member

State:
    Sevierville, TN
    Nice Lookin Blue... Thanks for the river update..

Last year the neuse was really good to me and I sure had a blast and made many memories hopefully this year will be even better.. Lookin forward to another fun and memory filled year !! :laugh1:

Git R Done Yall !!! :Happy:

20. seth3221

seth3221 New Member

State:
    NC
    I went for a ride on the Neuse in Smithfield today. The water is up and moving fast. Didnt fish today just went for a ride. If there is anyone that wants to fish tomorrow let me know. Neuse or Cape Fear dosnt matter to me.