Neuse Last Night

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by Kittyhunter, Oct 9, 2005.

1. Kittyhunter

Kittyhunter New Member

State:
    Princeton, NC
    Well, the river was high and moving fast. No calm water to be found between the ramp at the Lumber Yard and Swift Creek. Water was high enough to go into the creek, couldn't even see the log at the mouth. We went 600-700- yards into the creek, well past the bend. Got several hard hits, mostly gar. One 4-5 foot gar, 12lb flat, 9lb blue. Hung a couple more, not sure what they were, I think gar by the way they bit. Tried to fish a little outside the mouth in the river but even no-rolls wouldn't stay put. Made it until about 1:30 before the rain hit. We had rain suits so we didn't get drenched. We headed for the ramp at that point. Had a huge otter or something swim up to the motor and do a half-gainer off the back of the boat. Scared the heck out of me, if it hadn't been for the guy in the front of the boat, I'd have probably run slam out the front of the boat. We laughed for quite a while after that. Not the best trip but we didn't get skunked.

2. JAYNC

JAYNC Active Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    I went to Ft Barnwell yesterday and put in. The water was up about 6' and moving very fast. I couldnt even keep a 6 oz pyramid in place. No bites but it was still fun. Better luck next time I guess.

3. Kittyhunter

Kittyhunter New Member

State:
    Princeton, NC
    I'd love to go this weekend but I have a wedding I have to be in Saturday afternoon, rehearsal Friday night, not sure how late Saturday and it's in Raleigh.

4. JAYNC

JAYNC Active Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    Well hopefully you can get out and fish sometime this weekend. I think I am going to go to lock 2 again to give it a try.