Neuse is on fire

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by JAYNC, Oct 16, 2005.

1. JAYNC

JAYNC Active Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    Last night I was bored so I went to walmart and got a few things, then I proceeded to go to ft barnwell and put in. I got there at about 1am and proceeded upriver. I stopped at a feeder creek that I have never fished and caught 3 fish there, 2 15lb blues and a 13# blue. After this spot stopped producing I continued upriver. I found a very small feeder creek and parked right beside it. After about 10 minutes I caught a 52# blue, YES a 52# blue, I was so excited, but it wasnt over yet. By the time I left at about 8am, which I had only been fishing for about 6 hrs, I caught a 35# flathead and a 24# blue and and another smaller blue. All I know is my arms and back are sore and I am tired. I will post pictures later. :) :cool: :p

2. tammeej

tammeej New Member

State:
    NC
    i had same luck tonight jay.i put in by the middle school in new bern and went up past werhauser.We caught about 10 blues in the 12 to 25 pound range and just before we left i caught a huge 45 pound flathead.I caught all mine on eels.Some were chunks of eel but the flathead was on a live eel.It was great night on the neuse with a full moon out lol

Attached Files:

3. JAYNC

JAYNC Active Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    Awesome, I guess with the water temp dropping it has turned them on big time. I wish I could get out there every night but I have to work. There will probably only be a week or two more like this. Great catch.

4. JAYNC

JAYNC Active Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    Did you guys go to that deep hole just up from weyerhauser or did you go up a lot further.

5. tammeej

tammeej New Member

State:
    NC
    we went way up were that metal platform sticks out of the water and the river branches off in 3 directions.Not sure if i explained that good lol still learning the river.We fished right near the metal platform.We were only in 5 feet of water.we tried it out in 10 feet but no luck.They were in shallow.Hope that helps if not you can email me at tammeej@cox.net and ill try explain better.Do you ever launch your boat at the middle school in new bern off spring garden road?

6. JAYNC

JAYNC Active Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    Are you talking about right before the bridge or just before weyerhauser at swift creek. I normally put in at glenburnie when I fish near new bern.

7. tammeej

tammeej New Member

State:
    NC
    i am coming from other way so once i go under bridge from weyerhauser it about 2 more miles .i think it is what they call swift creek.there is like this big metel platform sticking outta the water.There are also signs on the trees that says inland fishing with an arrow pointing up the creek.

8. JAYNC

JAYNC Active Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    Ok cool, hopefully I will get to try it out tonight. It seems that within 2hrs before light and an hour after light the cats are insane.

9. bufryda1

bufryda1 New Member

State:
    Erwin, NC
    Congrats on both of your cathes Jay and Tammee. Sounds like they are really biting good out that way. It has been so long since I have caught a flathead that I almost forgot how much of a fight they put up. I know that 45# flathead took a while to get in. I got those pics developed of that 30#flathead of mine the other night, but I was out fishing yesterday about 2 in the afternoon when I caught a 38# blue so I got a few more to get developed now. He hit a live eel and was gone. They seem to be hitting the live eels good here, thats all I have used lately.

10. JAYNC

JAYNC Active Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    Yes they are a terriffic bait, I dont use anything else. I need to build a nice bait tank so I can get about 50 at a time. Keeping them in the boats baitwell is too high of maintenance. I guess I will just go buy a 20 gallon aquarium from walmart and keep them in there. Well good luck everyone, and get out to get them while they are biting. :)

11. JAYNC

JAYNC Active Member

State:
    Newport N.C.

Attached Files:

12. tammeej

tammeej New Member

State:
    NC
    nice pictures jason. hope u have good luck this weekend

13. JAYNC

JAYNC Active Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    thanks, I hope to get out there this weekend, you are more than welcome to come along if you want to.

14. akwolf41

akwolf41 Master Instigator of the BOC!

State:
    Kenai, Ala
    JAYNC;

I took your pics that were dark and lightened up the Mid Tones and now I can see you and the Fish. LOL

If you like them , save them to your computer and repost them.

Gene

Attached Files:

15. JAYNC

JAYNC Active Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    thanks for the editing, I had to take the pictures on a timer because I was alone. Hopefully next time someone is with me so I can get more of a zoom in and better focus.

16. joe0580

joe0580 New Member

State:
    north carolina
    am comeing up on saturday. need directions. is it ok if i bring someone too. i get off about 5 and should be there by 7 ok. talk to yo u soon.

17. dihardhunter

dihardhunter New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Let us know how the big blue tastes?

18. JAYNC

JAYNC Active Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    not sure on the bringing someone, I might have another guy in the boat, 4 would be tight catfishing, I guess if we all had our own little area of the boat and only used 1-2 rods each it will be fine. Let me get up with him to see if he's still going and I will get back with you.

19. greggofish

greggofish New Member

State:
    Holly Springs, NC
    Thats a good night anytime......congrats......

20. JAYNC

JAYNC Active Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    couldnt tell you how the big blue tastes. I throw all my fish back. It was a good night, I hope to have more like it this weekend.