neuse in october?

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by tammeej, Oct 4, 2005.

1. tammeej

tammeej New Member

State:
    NC
    i live right near the neuse river in new bern and i was wondering if anyone has had any luck in past few weeks?I have been out quite a few times and it has been really slow.hoping cooler weather will make the bite pick up. :)

2. fwmud

fwmud New Member

State:
    Wilson's Mills,nc
    Tammy, the neuse near smithfield looks more like a creek than a river. Hopefully we'll get some rain soon. You might try looking for some of the deeper spots where water may be pooled. Surely you'll find some cats in one of em.

3. JAYNC

JAYNC Active Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    There is a really deep hole just upriver from the 43 bridge by weyerhauser, there is one just past the bridge where the island splits the river and there is one if you go on the right side of the island, there will be a channel on your left in about 300 yds, just before that channel there is a 30' hole. the one by the bridge is about 28'. I have fished there a couple times but havent caught anything, I am sure they are there but I think it just wasnt producing when I was there. Hope this helps

4. hungupagain

hungupagain New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    i went this past friday night(bank fishing at smithfield).i had really great luck(caught 6 channels and one eel).the weather was perfect,no dang mosquitoes.

5. ponykilr

ponykilr New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    the river around smithfield is the lowest for the longest i can remember. i wish they would build about a 15foot dam somewhere between smithfield and brogden.