Neuse around Smithfield North Carolina

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by Kittyhunter, Jun 6, 2006.

1. Kittyhunter

Kittyhunter New Member

State:
    Princeton, NC
    Anybody fishing the trickle lately? Haven't heard anything. Ponykilr usually fishes the area, but I haven't heard any fishing report from him either. Last time I went was about a month ago.

2. Halifax

Halifax New Member

State:
    Chester ,Va
    Are you guys fishing by boat or bank fishing in smithfield. Trying to learn a little.

3. bufryda1

bufryda1 New Member

State:
    Erwin, NC
    I havent fished the Neuse in Smithfield in a couple weeks. My buddy and I fished it about 2 weeks ago and he caught the Neuse Baitshops biggest flathead ever. We got pics of it and the others that day hanging in there to prove. 62lb on rod and reel

4. bigblaze

bigblaze New Member

State:
    NC
    where and what give us more details.....

5. ponykilr

ponykilr New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    post a pic. gotta have a pic.

6. ponykilr

ponykilr New Member

State:
    North Carolina

i am the slackest fishin' somebody i know this year. we are so busy right now that i just have a hard time trying to get out there.

i gotta get me another boat, but we are going on vacation soon and all funds are being diverted toward that goal right now.

i did catch a 3.5 foot gar about 2 weeks ago. biggest i ever caught. got my hook back too. those gamakatsu 8-0 octopus hooks are sharp!

7. Kittyhunter

Kittyhunter New Member

State:
    Princeton, NC
    We went Wed. night, didn't have too much trouble navigating. One guy caught channel about 2 lb. I caught a blue about 2 and one that was 17 lb. All were caught on cut fat mullet. We had one good hit on a live bream, pulled rod over almost down to the water and it snapped back up. The bream was gone, he must have had it by the head or tail and pulled it off. We had several hits on the mullet. The 17 lb blue, we left the scales in the truck so we decided to put him in the livewell which was not nearly big enough. He was curled up inside but able to breath. Anyway, he went nuts and started thrashing around and broke off the drain tube for the livewell. Since it wasn't my boat, I felt obligated to replace it, cost me $15 at Collins. Let's see that less than $1 per pound. We all had guessed the fish was over 20 lb, I thought about 25, he was fat, but only 17 lb. Anyway, my biggest this year. Good luck all.

8. Kittyhunter

Kittyhunter New Member

State:
    Princeton, NC
    Oh yeah, I forgot the part about realizing the spotlight was broken after we were a mile from the truck.

9. Halifax

Halifax New Member

State:
    Chester ,Va
    Hey blaze sorry about the post here but I don't have enough post to pm.Your right about the fish and this fall sounds good.I need to hurry up and get ten posts so I can look at these pictures and I'll be able to pm.

10. bufryda1

bufryda1 New Member

State:
    Erwin, NC
    I dont have a scanner but the pics of the 62lber are hanging in the baitshop. Just ask to see the big flathead pic if you ever go in. She hit cut gizzard shad in about 4ft of water next to a big log pile. Took my buddy about 20 min to land.