Netmanjack's pvc bank rod holders

Discussion in 'Catfishing Library' started by Netmanjack, Apr 28, 2006.

1. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I have been using these for twenty years for bank fishing.

The pictures are self explanatory.
    The uses may not be.

The first thing I would like to point out is the strength. You can tight line and leave your rod unattended and never fear loosing it, they will never pull out. You will need a iron steak 3/8 to a 1/2 " in diameter and about 18 to 24" long.

When you get a real pole bender you don't have to take your rod out of the holder, just pick up the whole thing, the rod holder will just fall to the ground. If you are afraid of loosing it in the water just tie it off to the iron steak. I haven't lost one yet.

When retying or changing weights, just swing it around to your chair and relax.
    Let it do the work of holding your pole, keeping your two hands free. I swing it around to put my bait on.

It can work as a strike indicator too, if you point your rod in line with the bank, get a bite, your rod is pointed to wards the water.

You will notice on the black one, that it has a saddle attached to the Y fitting. This was to lay my pole against when free lining, you can do the same with yours. I just covered the edge with a split plastic hose.
    Use any size PVC you are comfortable with, 1 1/2" will work for most rods.

The length is up to you. as you can see my old black one is short. My new white ones are 33", I just don't like to bend over to far any more, lol

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. patmdee

patmdee New Member

State:
    california
    for your 33'' new one, do you still have a metal stake under/inside the PVC? ...just assuming that you hammer the stake in and place the pvc holder over it. How does it do on beaches/damp sand? & last how much did it cost ya? thanks, thinkin bout puttin this together.:wink:

3. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Welcome to the BOC Pat! Yes you have to utilize a steel rod. I would use longer ones for the beach. I have a couple of four foot ones when I have loose river bank material here. When I am in a rip rap or large rock area like at a damn I just use the PVC and brace them in between two or three substantial ones. The cost. will vary depending on where you your parts. Every hard ware store should carry what you need. What ever, it's worth the price as they will last forever! :wink:

4. msucatfish

msucatfish New Member

State:
    mississippi
    what if you welded another piece of iron onto the stake, to make a t or a cross, that way instead of hammering it into the ground you could just stand on it, unless the ground was just really really hard it should work

5. Bambu

Bambu New Member

State:
    S.C.
    i use 1.5in pvc drove into the ground at the angle i want, you can use couplings cut with a groove for spinning or a notch for baitcasting(so the reel dosnt spin). you can use a metal cap for the top to drive them,they shatter in cold weather pretty easily. for 10$ you should be able to make several(i do pool work so the pvc and fittings are free to me:smile2:). if you drive them a foot or more(depeneding on soil) there not going anywhere.