Netmanjack's pvc bank rod holders

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Holder Review' started by Netmanjack, Apr 28, 2006.

1. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I have been using these for twenty years for bank fishing.

The pictures are self explanatory.
    The uses may not be.

The first thing I would like to point out is the strength. You can tight line and leave your rod unattended and never fear loosing it, they will never pull out. You will need a iron steak 3/8 to a 1/2 " in diameter and about 18 to 24" long.

When you get a real pole bender you don't have to take your rod out of the holder, just pick up the whole thing, the rod holder will just fall to the ground. If you are afraid of loosing it in the water just tie it off to the iron steak. I haven't lost one yet.

When retying or changing weights, just swing it around to your chair and relax.
    Let it do the work of holding your pole, keeping your two hands free. I swing it around to put my bait on.

It can work as a strike indicator too, if you point your rod in line with the bank, get a bite, your rod is pointed to wards the water.

You will notice on the black one, that it has a saddle attached to the Y fitting. This was to lay my pole against when free lining, you can do the same with yours. I just covered the edge with a split plastic hose.
    Use any size PVC you are comfortable with, 1 1/2" will work for most rods.

The length is up to you. as you can see my old black one is short. My new white ones are 33", I just don't like to bend over to far any more, lol

Attached Files:

2. bondman

bondman New Member

State:
    Vandalia, IL
    AWESOME, thank you for sharing. It looks like it will work very good and you have given me a good ideal for some rod holders in my boat... I will have to do some thinking about that. Thank you for the ideal .....
    Bondman

3. tanner

tanner New Member

State:
    Somerset, Kentucky
    now that's a good idea! heck man..patent them and seel em'. why not?

4. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    Hey Jack, that's a sweet idea. Thanks for sharing it with us. I like the idea of not having to bend over as far.
    I've got some made out of metal gas pipe and they are heavy. Yours sure would be eazy to carry around.

5. Drawout

Drawout Active Member

State:
    Paris.Texas
    Great idea bro thx for sharing....very helpful to me i was nedding a idea:smile2:

6. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    thankyou ,making some later today.

7. kspor

kspor New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    Pure Genious.

That is.

8. Quackcephus

Quackcephus New Member

State:
    TX
    Those look easy enough to make... thanks for posting :big_smile:

9. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Shucks, I think even I can handle that. Thanks for the idea, Jack.

Life is just one damn thing after another. --Elbert Hubbard.

10. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    By golly Jack thank you for a great idea. Im going out to the garage right now and get the hacksaw and cut the pipe out from under the kitchen sink and make me one. ill just put a bucket back under it. I wonder if the wife will be impressed with my new found ingenuiety cause she says i cant pound a nail straight. I guess some of us are just late blomers. lol Bigcatman0816.

11. frisco66

frisco66 New Member

State:
    NE
    that SOUNDS great,of course i'll have to get my posts up in order to see 'em.A friend gave me 2 bank holders,iron with sprnig-loaded action.Only problem is,they are pretty heavy to lug around,and it's kind of hit/miss on where to set the latch where you wrap your line around,for a light or heavy bite.

12. blackhorse83

blackhorse83 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Thanks for shareing, those look great and easy to make. Should be able to adapt them to a boat easily.

13. Fatkat

Fatkat New Member

State:
    Blanchester, Ohio
    Just don't put your bait bucket under there. :lol:

14. pescador

pescador New Member

State:
    Ohio
    nice idea i think im going to make me a couple for when i bank fish.:eek:oooh:

15. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    I got me 4 new rod holders.It took me a whole day with my wifes help,after she got EVER THING together.It do take longer when your mind and body is retarded or in the slow lane,but it makes you feel real good to be able to still do it.I was a mechanic.At one time it would not have taken 30 minutes,with everything laid out.I made them out of 24 inch sections of 2 inch schedule 40 well casing PVC for heavy duty use.I needed the 2 inch as my 20 foot B&M and Shooting star poles would not fit the 1 1/2 inch.I inserted 3 inches of pipe into each end of the Ys to have a longer smoother surface.I then sanded 1 inch inside of each and put 3 coats of liquid wire insulation for cushioning my rod and hollow pole handles.30 inch lengths of 5/8 re bar for stakes as we have loose sandy soil and sandbars around here.The 5/8 inch also lets me drive them with a plastic mallet without mushrooming the stakes.I also cut 2 plugs out of treated 2x4 to fit each standpipe,with a center hole for the stake.I cut 3 & 6 inch lengths of 3/4 PVC pipe to space these plugs as high as possible on the stakes.This makes them very stable on the re bar.I did the X-tra for the soft soil conditions and that I normally fish within 10 to 50 feet max.from a vehicle.I use the 20 foot poles a lot as it keeps me away from the waters edge.A Bowfin on a 20 foot pole means a lot of x-tra leverage on the rod holders.Also I can leave the pole or rod in the holder and reel in a fish.Us danged old cripples have to learn to head them off at the pass.Thank you Jack.I think this will be a big help to me.I cain;t wait to try them on fish..peewee-williams

16. winston61

winston61 New Member

State:
    Texas
    I've got to have 10 posts to view pics, on two other occasions I thought I had 10 and I was able to view photos, so here I go again

17. Backwater

Backwater New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Thanks for the pics. Off to Lowe's now.

18. bubbasmouse

bubbasmouse New Member

State:
    Chesterfield South Carolina
    Thanks for the post. I made some and they work great.

19. dreamer34

dreamer34 New Member

State:
    danville virginia
    one of the best i have ever used....got 7 of them now

20. ohiohawghunter45067

ohiohawghunter45067 New Member

State:
    Trenton, Ohio
    seems simple enough im gonna have to give them a shot. thanks for the info