Net etiquette

Discussion in 'LOCAL VIRGINIA TALK' started by Powhatan, Mar 28, 2008.

1. Powhatan

Powhatan New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I would like to hear your opinions about how close you should soak your net next to an existing net. If I see a net in the water I stay as far away from that net as possible...

Today I put my net in at DB and someone came up a short time later and dropped their net about 20 yards from mine.(if not closer)..making sure that anything coming down tide would hit their net first...kind of pissed me off a bit.

Let me know what is proper..

Thanks.

2. Rickjr

Rickjr New Member

State:
    VA
    Yep that's no good:angry:

3. freshbaitrules

freshbaitrules New Member

State:
    virginia
    I believe if that fisherman had enough fishing knowlege to be setting a net, then that person knew what he was doing and just did not care.
    From what I have experienced on this website it could'nt be someone on here.

courtesy is comon sense!:crazy:

4. Dallison

Dallison Member

State:
    Virginia
    I try to respect personal space when fishing, alot of times it gets tight on a pier or a bank due to the limited space. I would imagine in a boating areas personal space would be huge. 20 yards way to close in my opinion, the river is huge. Maybe they were new and didn't realize how close they were to you, either way they were to close to you regardless.

5. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Perhaps you should have repositioned your net 20 foot upstream of his. He may have got an idea he did something wrong.

6. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    You have got to dislike people that do these types of things.

7. blacksheep

blacksheep New Member

State:
    NC
    I really find it strange that people like that can buy a fishing license. (dumber than a rock):angry:

8. mbandjb

mbandjb New Member

State:
    Central Va
    Hey Chris,
    It was I that put my net close to yours. I saw you with your throw net.I did not see your gll net until it was to late and I didn't want to take mine back up and redo it.The wind had moved us to close.At the time I didn't think anything about it.I am sorry that I made you mad.I have no intention to make anybody mad,had you asked I would have given you what I had in my net,which was but 2 cutters.
    Again I apolize,,,,,mikeb

9. Powhatan

Powhatan New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Hey MIke....

I got over it pretty quick.. bait was a bit hard to come by that day and I was in a bad mood... My brother invited his son along and he invited a friend..4 peole in my boat with the wind was crazy...it will never happen again.

I should have recognized you.. you helped me out with bait before and I thank you for that... I guess I was a bit pissed because the time before last week someone did the same thing... If I see a net I stay far as I can away... If you did not see my net in the water that's cool..

Did you catch anything that day? We had no luck..

10. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    i was bank fishing a few weeks ago and someone planted his chair about 5 feet from me. Yes 5 feet, so I took out a casting jig and sunk it into his chair. Told him I was bad at casting and the next one might stick in him. What this person was thinking I dont know but wont give up my spot. First come First serve.