Nesting???

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY RIVERS TALK' started by kycatman01, Jul 8, 2008.

1. kycatman01

kycatman01 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I haven't been catfishing in awhile. Are the cats nesting???

2. Baitkiller

Baitkiller New Member

State:
    Akron, Ohio
    The Flats should be. Alot of the guys r sayin notta.

:eek:oooh:

3. bnt55

bnt55 New Member

State:
    Northern KY
    most definately! every flat I have caught have been wore out and bloody tailed, they must have an interesting mating ritual to get so tore up. I Also noticed the channels had criss cross scratches on their backs as well, looks like it's a big ole catfish party going on down there. Anyone know when they get back to normal?

Bill

4. Marshall

Marshall New Member

State:
    Junction City,
    Their definately on the nest. But remember they dont all nest at the same time. I dont really know if anyone knows when they quit. It shouldnt be much longer though. Just keep after em and youll find out is all I know to tell ya.

5. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I caught 8 fish last night just above East Bend power plant there by Rabbit Hash and the two small flats were beat all to heck as were two of the four channels I caught. None of those four that were beat up fought real well. However I caught a 12 lb blue and a 40 and those two hit hard and fought real hard like they had been off the nest for a little while and were actively feeding. Both of them did have indications that they had been on the nest not too long ago. I personally think that most of the cats are comming off of the nest that were on and the fishing should start to really pick back up real good and real soon

6. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    I would say YES, I have not personal experience on this matter this year, but judging by what everyone is saying, they are sitting tight.

7. firechief4201

firechief4201 New Member

State:
    Catlettsburg, Kentucky
    There starting to come off the nest in my area. Fished Sat. night and they were feeding like normal.

8. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

How many did you and Adam catch again, I forgot??? :crazy::roll_eyes::eek:oooh::tounge_out::wink::smile2:
    Sorry, I couldn't help, Its killing me having not wet a line since May...:embarassed:

9. bnt55

bnt55 New Member

State:
    Northern KY
    Went out this morning on the Ohio R. and usually can pick at least a few on fresh shad...today was the exception nothin biting. I would bet my last dollar they are all down there sitting on eggs, I am going to wait a week then try again.

Bill