Neosho & Spring Rivers Spoobill Run!

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA RIVERS TALK' started by catfisher74354, Feb 11, 2007.

1. catfisher74354

catfisher74354 New Member

State:
    miami,okla.
    Hello Fellow Anglers,
    Well the rivers are thawed out and the waters look good.Now all we need is for the rivers to start rising. That will kickoff the Spoonbill run in NE okla. I hear they are snaggin a few down in Grand Lake west of Sailboat Bridge in the big waters about 65 Feet deep. Well if i see any action i'll keep ya posted.

Terry

2. Redd

Redd New Member

State:
    Southeast Kansas
    Hey, I'm from Cherokee county, Just north of you. I've never gone snagging before, but thought about maybe doin' it this spring at Chetopa dam. Have you tried it there before? And good luck on catchin' them spoonbill.

-Red

3. catfisher74354

State:
    miami,okla.
    Hi, i have never tried up north however i know they make it up there. I had back surgery in 2002 so i don't do it anymore. If i do i take a couple of guys and we troll at an idle and they yank and reel till we snag one then you kick it in neutral and fight it until you land it. it's a lot of fun and a good way to meet a bunch of people on the river. About anyone you see will give ya helping hand. Keep your eye on this site and i will leave a post when they really start running.
    Terry

4. catfisher74354

State:
    miami,okla.
    Well Gentlemen The Neosho and Spring rivers are looking real good.At this point there are a few cats being caught around Twin Bridges area. The water is warming up a little. The forecast for Miami area for the next couple of days is "Rain". For all you Spoonbillers that is good. If we get enough it should get the rivers running. They are just now starting to show a little movement.
    Now guys just remember if your not in for the workout of the Spoonbiller Technique remember those big Flatheads are will be working around the wall at the dam in Riverview Park in Miami, Ok. I've seen some 15-50 pounders snagged off this concrete wall on the west side of the river. There will be alot of spectators and anglers when they start running hard.We get people as far as S. Dakota, Michigan, Minnesota, also if the river is out of it's banks in the park, grab a box of Nitecrawlers and you"ll probably catch a nice stringer of channelcat. Be sure you check local fishing laws for the park, and there is also a fee in the park area. Well till next time.

Fish Onnnnnnnn!!!!!! Terry Rogers
    Catfisher74354

5. jholl949

jholl949 New Member

State:
    Mannford. Oklah
  6. catfisher74354

State:
    miami,okla.
    Hi Mike,
    It is good to hear from you. I was just talking to my wife the other day about a trip pretty soon to a area that is new to me. That would be a good one. I'm always game on fishing a new body of Trophy Cat Waters and that is definitely one of them. Hope to see ya there Buddy.
    By the way all you Spoonbillers my brother just called me about an hour ago and they are snagging some Spoony's At the park in Miami,ok up around the dam.

Terry Rogers
    Catfisher74354

7. catfisher74354

State:
    miami,okla.
    Hello All, Well the rain they got up north as made it down here. The rivers are up and rolling!. Right now there is a lot of debris coming down but give that a day or so and you should be able to manuver your boat with no problems, just watch for oncoming logs!. I would say this should start those Spoonbill on there journey north from Grand Lake up th Neosho and Spring Rivers. If i see any action i'll post . Till next time FISH ON!!.

Catfisher74354-Terry Rogers

8. jbarnes17

jbarnes17 New Member

State:
    Commerce, Oklahoma
    SPOONBILL ARE RUNNING!!!!!!!

Lots

9. jbarnes17

jbarnes17 New Member

State:
    Commerce, Oklahoma
    SPOONBILL ARE RUNNING!!!!!!!

Lots of them snagged at the park in Miami Thursday night.

10. catfisher74354

State:
    miami,okla.
    Hi jbarnes, is this the guy i told about the BOC down at the river white bass fishing? think you said it was Jeremy?Yes the spoonbill run is on! Me and my wife went down there this afternoon and watched em pull in about 20 in 15 minutes, everyone looked like they were having a good time. We"ll keep everyone updated.

11. jbarnes17

jbarnes17 New Member

State:
    Commerce, Oklahoma
    Same guy, but my name is Joel. We catfished for a while last night but no luck. Lots of spoonbill rolling the top of the water

12. rudepossum

rudepossum Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    welcome to the BOC Joel.

13. catfisher74354

State:
    miami,okla.
    Hey Guys, If anyone is up for it i am putting in around noon saturday and probably sunday to give me a call 918-961-0256 if anyone wants to HOOK UP!!

Terry

14. Longhunter

Longhunter New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Terry If I didn't have plans this week end I would be all over that offer!

Hope to see more offers on the board like that.

Thanks Paul

15. 10point

10point New Member

State:
    ok
    The spoonbill are here ---the neosho/grand river at low-water dam---takes 2 or 3 casts to get hoohed up---kinda fun if you can stand the crowd---great fun to watch---the turbins are cranked up at kerr dam & the spoonies like all that water--happy snagen. Whamo.

16. rudepossum

State:
    Missouri
    Welcome to the BOC Bob aka 10point. Snagged a few around 45 to 50 pounds today on the spring river side. We put in at Twin bridges and didn't like the looks of all the stuff coming down the neosho river side(Trees,refrigerators,etc ) so we went to the other side. I will give it a few more days then back at it. All 3 kids hooked up also. gr8 fun. We are also having a BOC gathering in April just in case you haven't heard. Called the OKAM. Check it out.

17. jbarnes17

jbarnes17 New Member

State:
    Commerce, Oklahoma
    Is Spring River up and rollin?

18. rudepossum

State:
    Missouri
    Sure is , but wasn't as much big stuff as the neosho side. Had more trouble with the wind blown waves between the bridge and the river channel. Should be good to go tomorrow or Monday if the wind lays down.

19. catfisher74354

State:
    miami,okla.
    Howdy All, I thought i'd give my report for the day. Wife, kids and myself threw a few lines in this evening and Bam!! my 7 yr old son yells FISH ON!! Dad. He landed an 8-10 lb. channel. A few minutes later my wife lands a 25-30 lb. blue. After helping her i was talking to a fellow BOC'er ( Dobbie on the phone) as soon as i hung up Bam i land about a 10 lb. blue, after a couple of smaller fish my wife caught we called it an evening. I'll put some pics on when i get them loaded on my PC. Catch Ya Later!!

20. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Does anyone know if they're running at Ft. Gibson dam yet?