Neosho & Spring Rivers Information

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA RIVERS TALK' started by catfisher74354, Mar 1, 2007.

1. catfisher74354

catfisher74354 New Member

State:
    miami,okla.
    To all BOC members, Anyone needing any information on local hotel accomadation or any advice on equipment or gear you may need to bring feel free to PM me.

Terry Rogers
    Catfisher74354

2. catfisher74354

State:
    miami,okla.
    To all OKAM-1 BOCers, They have a gas dock there at the fishing dock at Twin Bridges. I don't know the price it could be a little lower if you stop and fill up and bring extra cans with you. The closest place of any convienience will be 8 miles north on Hwy 137, or Fairland,Ok 7 miles west. They have showers on site for overnighters, and a fish cleaning station with a dock for loading and unloading. Bring plenty of 5-10 oz sinkers depending on the current, you will get hung up and lose some as we BOTTOM FISHERS all know. They also have horseshoe pits and charcoal cookers at your sites. Guys i don't know if i can wait!!. With the sun coming out and the river is looking real good out my patio door right now, We have been needing a event like this here for a long time. I'm looking forward to meeting all my fellow BOCers i have been messaging back and forth with. If i can think of anymore ideas i'll try and post them.

Till Next Time, FISH ON!!!!
    Catfisher74354-Terry Rogers

3. okiecop

okiecop New Member

State:
    Grove, OK
    Just to let you everyone that is going to OKAM-1 that the road between Fairland and Wyanodotte is under construction. as far as i know the only way to Twin Bridges will be from the north. This is not a bad thing since the main campgrond is on top of the hill north of the boat launch anyways. Just thought I would let everyone know.

4. rudepossum

rudepossum Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Hello okiecop;Was at Twin last week and the west bound bridge ( Fairland side) was still under construction but the east bridge was done and open. I will be over there today and will let y'all know if this has changed. I don't think they have a gas dock at twin. there is a station about a mile down the road in Wyanodotte. hope to see y'all at the OKAM

5. catfisher74354

State:
    miami,okla.
    Hi Everyone, Well it is getting closer to OKAM-1 and i'm ready!. We have been catching some nice channel and blues on cut shad mids( about a 1" square chunk). There are a lot of boats starting to run the rivers so i got out to investigate. and found out why. We started flippin up towards the bank and caught around 60 white bass!! It is supposed to rain all next week, if it does we'll be in good shape for the OKAM-1. Well everyone get ready for a good time.!!
    I'll keep ya posted on any more fishing info.

Catch Ya Next Time,
    Catfisher74354-Terry Rogers

6. slickrick

slickrick New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    OK I'm late getting on the site so when is this OKAM going to be?:roll_eyes:

7. dobbie

dobbie Member

Rick it will be held at Twin Bridges State park on Grand Lake.I would say it is a hour and half East of Tulsa on the turnpike.

8. dobbie

dobbie Member

It is April 13-15

9. KSFish

KSFish New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Just joined the site. Can you point me to a post about this OKAM??

10. rudepossum

State:
    Missouri
    OKAM-1 (Oklahoma, Kansas, Arkansas, Missouri) 13-15 April, 2007 ( 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
    It's coming up next weekend. Come and join us.

11. rudepossum

State:
    Missouri
  12. catfisher74354

State:
    miami,okla.
    The Twin bridges Hwy Bridges on 60 east and west bound are open now. So everyone coming to OKAM-1 can breeze right on in from any direction.

See Ya There,
    Catfisher74354-TerryRogers

13. okiecop

okiecop New Member

State:
    Grove, OK
    just wondering how everything is going up at OKAM-1? I'm not able to make it since we just had shift change yesterday and the canceled my training. was supposed to have the weekend off. I may try and get up there later this morning if anything is still going on.