Neosho riverfront

Discussion in 'KANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by rush_60, Nov 10, 2009.

1. rush_60

rush_60 New Member

State:
    Troy, KS
  2. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Blame the huntin outfitters for the ridiculous price on rural land.:confused2:

3. Circlehook Jester

Circlehook Jester New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Kyle, you nailed it right there! I have a sick feeling some day the outfitters are going to take away everything. Our kids will be fighting to get a place to hunt and fish.:confused2::sad2:

4. Buff Place

Buff Place Member

State:
    Mulvane, Kansas
    $34 k for 3+ acres of river front property is cheapÂ….and the closer you get to a city, the prices are insane and going up.
    Thad,your right on...
    Kyle nailed it.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2009
  5. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    34 KS members put up $1,000 or 68 of us put up $500 and it can be a KS BOC retreat :big_smile:

6. rush_60

rush_60 New Member

State:
    Troy, KS

Sounds like a plan. Are you collecting and holding all the money JJ?

7. unclebuncle

unclebuncle New Member

State:
    Humboldt,K
    Theres some good logjams on the Neosho!:big_smile:

8. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    i wont hold money like that. too tempting to go get vip lap dances :cool2::roll_eyes:

9. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    by some miracle, if EVERY KS member gave $10 we would have it lock, stock, & barrel with money to spare for a little development

10. KAW RIVER KILLER

KAW RIVER KILLER New Member

State:
    Lenexa, KS
    Is that redneck math there JJ :wink:?

11. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    i had to get all the neighbors, my friends, all the people everyone could bring and have em all take their shoes off to get all this cipherin done :smile2:

12. rush_60

rush_60 New Member

State:
    Troy, KS

I think I'd rather spend my money bribing politicians, to get them to change the definition of navigable water:cool2::roll_eyes:

13. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    KSWP just closed off probably a 1000 acres or so on the lake by putting gates on some of the roads, which also closed off a couple of miles of really good fishing sites with real easy access. The also said they'd be "putting in a lot more gates". When I asked why, too much trash, which I've not seen ANY in these places lately. They also said, there'd be "seasonal access", but couldn't/wouldn't say when the "season" is. I was told to "walk in" if I wanted to fish there.:sad2:
    And here for the last 30 some years I've been going in to these places, I thought they were for "public access", guess not anymore:angry:

Last edited: Nov 14, 2009
  14. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Boltcutters and new locks. :wink:

15. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Sorry to hear that Jim. That sucks!:sad2::angry: I am starting to dislike KS a whole lot.
    Where did they put them?
    I doubt the trash comes from the winter months.

16. Kansas Tree Rat

Kansas Tree Rat New Member

State:
    Waverly, Kansas
    Thanks Casey I sent this to a buddy of mine down there that has been looking for a place like that. If he buys it I bet you will have a standing invitation to use it anytime you want....of course there are no BIG FLATHEADS in the Neosho....:roll_eyes:

17. Katatonik

Katatonik New Member

State:
    Ogden, Kansas,
    I love to look through new land, even if it's on the Neosho, Mr. Bushytail.
    If your buddy gets lucky, I'd love to walk around on his land and won't
    abuse the privilage. He might not even notice that I had been there if
    I don't fall into the river by bad luck. Would he want a fillet or two out
    of the deal? Assuming I can find a fish or two...

18. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Then jail, and no fishing AT ALL:smile2:. 20 or so years ago, I wouldn't have had a second thought about it, the gate never would have had any thing to be attached to, those treated 6X6's would've been pulled out, or cut off:eek:oooh:, BUT, I've mellowed some since then:roll_eyes::smile2::smile2:

19. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    They put a gate at the intersection of Rebbeca and Ava roads, which took about a mile of shoreline away there, then the road that went to the point across from School Crk boat ramp, that branched off of Ava, which lost almost another mile of shoreline, the point was one of my favorite places. There's also an elderly Lady that lives in the last house on Ava, that fished there ALL the time, so she won't have any where to go now, can't drive any where else, can't see to good, but she knew her way down there and back home. She's lived and fished there longer than I've been here.

20. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    The new locks is the kicker there. Anyone can cut a lock off with boltcutters, draw attention and get caught, but when you put a lock back on there, the rangers just shine their light, see the lock, and keep on driving. So your good at least for the one night of fishing, maybe two, till they catch on. By then I will have moved on to a new spot anyway. Or just do like KRK and pull the whole darn gate off the hinges and put it right back. :cool2:

Last edited: Nov 15, 2009