Neosho River

Discussion in 'KANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by Catmaster, Feb 17, 2006.

1. Catmaster

Catmaster New Member

State:
    SE Kansas
    Anyone in this groupe fish the Neosho River around SE Kansas? (between St. Paul and Chetopa, KS.) I'm looking for more fishing buddies.

2. retired stump jumper

retired stump jumper New Member

State:
    KANSAS
    Say my friend I fish the Neosho river from Humbolt to the Chetopa dam where do you want to meet& when.

3. onlyone

onlyone New Member

State:
    SE Kansas
    Hows the neosho looking? Doing an good on it yet?

4. Tulcat

Tulcat New Member

When you say you are fishing the Neosho River in KS, are you talking about fishing it in established park areas, or are you getting the land owners permission?

As I understand things in KS, all rivers are considered private property other than the Kansas, Missouri, and Arkansas rivers.

Thanks

5. onlyone

onlyone New Member

State:
    SE Kansas
    Im talking about public park areas (chetopa) I assume thats what everyone else is too but I dont know

6. retired stump jumper

retired stump jumper New Member

State:
    KANSAS
    thats what I am talking about at the E. edge of Neosho Falls there is a low water dam any one can fish there. On the west edge of Humbolt a bridge crosses the Neosho river I have fished under that bridge many a time, also on the E. side of the ole K.G.&E. power plant there is a dam & any one can fish there on the E. side of the river.

7. Tulcat

Tulcat New Member

Thanks for the list of places for bank fishing, they might come in handy some day when I am visiting in KS.

I was curious as to how and if one was able to fish the Neosho River in KS, other than the limited areas of public parks like Chetopa. I sure love fishing the Neosho between Miami and Twin Bridges in OK.

8. onlyone

onlyone New Member

State:
    SE Kansas
    Ya you can. Just get in good with the landowners:) I never have but with their permission Im sure you can.