Neosho River

Discussion in 'KANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by KansasCatmaster, May 12, 2007.

1. KansasCatmaster

KansasCatmaster New Member

State:
    Parsons, Kansas
    Hey guys has anybody had any luck on the Neosho River near Oswego, or Chetopa since we've had all this rain and flooding? I want to go but I really don't want to drown trying to catch a big cat. Thanks

2. Redd

Redd New Member

State:
    Southeast Kansas
    I went to the Chetopa dam about a week ago,to no avail. But me and the buddy I was with only had time to fish for a while. Earlier that morning there was a couple people that pulled out a few blues and channels, but they refrained from using significant detail of their catches. Don't know if this will help any, but it's all I know. Good luck.

-Red

3. jbarnes17

jbarnes17 New Member

State:
    Commerce, Oklahoma
    we have been doing pretty good down here in Miami at the park but the water is dropping now and they have completely stopped biting.

4. KansasCatmaster

State:
    Parsons, Kansas
    Thanks Joel for the information. As luck would have it I am about to head down to Twin Bridges in the next few days. Hope I have some decent luck. I am going to try using some of the dip bait I make, if that doesn't work I will try some live shad. Take care and good fishing

5. KansasCatmaster

State:
    Parsons, Kansas
    Thanks Redd for the tip....Don't feel too bad about not catching anything, the last time I went down there I got skunked too. Later buddy:cool2:

Kansas Catmaster
    Parsons, Kansas

6. Carp Killer

Carp Killer New Member

State:
    Kansas
    We tore them up last night here in chanute at the river.Every fish we caught was on shad,even the 3 flats.The channel were all around the 10 to 12 pound range.The flats were a little bigger but not much.Caught a total of 11 fish in about 3 hours.I wanted to keep fishing but my buddy had to work in the morning.We had a couple decent hits on perch but nothing would comit with them.Good Luck!

7. KansasCatmaster

State:
    Parsons, Kansas
    Carp Killer thanks a bunch for the update on the Neosho River. I've been thinking about driving up in the near future to give the river a shot there. I'm just not catching anything of size down in my area, just small channels. I will be heading up to Kansas City next weekend to fish the Kaw/Missouri River inlet, hope to bring home the catties to mommas house. Have a good one

KansasCatmaster
    Parsons, Kansas

8. Carp Killer

Carp Killer New Member

State:
    Kansas
    They shut the gates at redmond dam yesterday so the fishing will probaly go to crap again for awhile untill the river settles back down.Just when it was starting to get good.O Well!!!!