Neosho River

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA RIVERS TALK' started by TDawgNOk, Aug 16, 2005.

1. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Do you fish the Neosho River in Oklahoma? Post information about your fishing expeditions here.

2. row vs. wade

row vs. wade New Member

State:
    Joplin, Mo.
    I fished the Neosho up river from Twin Bridges last week. The Corp. had been generating power and had dropped the water level about 5'. The bite was really really slow. Caught 1-3# blue. The Twin Bridges campsite was vacant when we got there, so we figured the fishing wasn't going to be very good. :sad:

3. polecatter

polecatter Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    (row vs. wade)

At least you gave it a good old hot weather try! Better luck next time.

And the main reason for this post:

I absolutely love your handle.....Excellent!! Really Great!! Too bad I didn't think of it! :)

Larry (polecatter)

4. Catcaller

Catcaller New Member

State:
    SoutheastKansas
    Hey guys, the Neosho is my primary fishing spot...except in Se Kansas. I rarely venture down into the oklahoma section....but hopefully that changes by next spring. (Need a bigger boat!!) Thought you guys would like to know I was checking out the Neosho this evening, and the water is rolling! (Bank Full) That oughta be sending yall some water to play in...as well as bring a few fish upstream. I have been hearing spoonbill and gar eggs are the hot ticket down that way from a few locals here that have been fishing down that way for the blues. Our blues are gone for the season and wont be back until spring...unfortunately for us. we caught some really nice blues/whites this past spring....I look forward to getting back into them as soon as they get back up this way. Good luck to all you guys, and keep us posted on your successes.

5. okiecop

okiecop New Member

State:
    Grove, OK
    I'm on vacation this week so i'm going to try and get up to the river park in miami and try my luck on the neosho. will let ya'll know how i did.

6. Catcaller

Catcaller New Member

State:
    SoutheastKansas
    Sounds great Okie...keep me posted if you dont mind. hey by the way, I heard of a 77 lb blue caught out of Grand Lake last November...supposedly was in the Miami, Oklahoma newspaper...any truth in that?

7. okiecop

okiecop New Member

State:
    Grove, OK
    Well i tried the neosho and as usual no luck at all. tried using cured livers and whole and cut shad. As far as a big 77 pounder taken from up there i hadn't heard of it til now.