Neosho River

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by jwk227, Jul 29, 2009.

1. jwk227

jwk227 New Member

State:
    Pittsburg,
    Any of you guys fish the neosho at the Kg&E damn? I've always had the best luck when the river was down and I could walk out on the rocks, what about you guys?

2. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    A great river, but too far way to fish it often. There used to be a guy on here that fished there but he disappeared.:crazy::smile2: Not a whole lot of activity from that part of the state. Which is suprising, cause there is some good catfishin out that way.
    Welcome to the BoC.

3. jwk227

jwk227 New Member

State:
    Pittsburg,
    haven't had to much luck this year. Haven'tcaught anything at the river. Mostly I have been pulling a few 3-5lb channel out of the local strip pits.. Just hasnt been a good year.

4. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Been tough here too. Them strip pits hold some huge channels.

5. jwk227

jwk227 New Member

State:
    Pittsburg,
    thinking about getting out to the river today.. the river is down or so I've been told so hopefully I can wade out and flip some rocks for some hellgermites(sp)

6. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Justin welcome to the BOC. Let us know how you do on that area.

7. unclebuncle

unclebuncle New Member

State:
    Humboldt,K
    I fish the Neosho around Chanute and Humboldt,its been years since I fished at KP&L.I used to fish the pits a lot from my tube.Theres a pit near Cherokee that has some huge flatheads in it.If your going to get helgramites you better hurry the rivers going back up.I haven't gotten any this year the rivers been up too much.

8. jwk227

jwk227 New Member

State:
    Pittsburg,
    didn't get out yesterday, but just checked the gauges and the river is still on its way down.. sitting at about 8ft by parsons. Will diffently be going today.. In a couple hrs in fact.. will post pics if I bring anything in.

9. bigd4xman

bigd4xman New Member

State:
    Haysville, KS
    Where is the KP&L dam at on the neosho? I've fished it up around John Redmond and over around Iola and Humboldt but other than that dont get to fish the Neosho that much.

10. jwk227

jwk227 New Member

State:
    Pittsburg,
    the dam is located outside of parsons. coming from pittsburg its right outside of strauss. Rule of thumb is if your doing 100 on the highway when you see the highvoltage lines hit the brakes or you'll miss the turn.

11. Kansas Tree Rat

Kansas Tree Rat New Member

State:
    Waverly, Kansas
    I think this needs to be added to one of the you might be a kansas catfisherman threads.....lol.....love it!