Neosho River - retired stump jumper

Discussion in 'KANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by retired stump jumper, Apr 10, 2006.

1. retired stump jumper

retired stump jumper New Member

State:
    KANSAS
    Has any body fished the Neosho river east of the old K.G.&E power plant.. How about the Neosho river low water dam at Neosho Falls, Ks. If not when could you.

2. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    I might make it down there, later this summer. :)

3. KanHeadhunter

KanHeadhunter New Member

State:
    S. E. K.
    I fish the Neosho river. I fish the KG & E damn about once or twice a year. I mainly go to Chetopa to the damn there. A few times at Oswego. I fish the river also north of HWY 400 bridges. Also around McKinley lake.

The river REALLY needs rain to get it going.

4. Catmaster

Catmaster New Member

State:
    SE Kansas
    I could go anytime. I live about two miles from it and I fish it at least twice a week. Just send me a message when u are planning to go and I might meet u down there.

5. onlyone

onlyone New Member

State:
    SE Kansas
    I fished the neosho up at the refuge at St. Paul friday night. I only caught one drum but we only stayed until about 9:30. They're saying a slight chance of rain tonight and tomorrow--that should help. Need to go try this KG&E everyone talks about.

6. retired stump jumper

State:
    KANSAS
    Amen brother that river realy needs rain, if we could get a good rain that river would produce some good fish below the damns.

7. retired stump jumper

State:
    KANSAS

8. KanHeadhunter

KanHeadhunter New Member

State:
    S. E. K.
    I fished the Neosho this weekend. We used setlines, caught a 47 pound flathead & a 8 pound channel. I posted the story on the Flathead boared.

We are getting rain now!!!!!!!