Neosho river in Oklahoma

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA RIVERS TALK' started by okiecop, Jan 29, 2006.

1. okiecop

okiecop New Member

State:
    Grove, OK
    I was wondering if anyone has been fishing the neosho in or around the miami area. Haven't had a chance to try it out yet this yr. give a shout and let us know.

2. okiecop

okiecop New Member

State:
    Grove, OK
    I heard over the weekend that they are starting to get a blue or two up in the neosho river.

3. Tulcat

Tulcat New Member

Although I am sure it is still too early, before too long if we get some rain the spoonies will be headed that way.

4. dobbie

dobbie Member

i'm going to try jugfishing on the Neosho river Saturday.I'll give a report when we get back in

5. Tulcat

Tulcat New Member

Excellent.

Good luck and I look forward to your report.

6. skeetermagnet

skeetermagnet New Member

State:
    Edmond, Oklahoma
    I've driven over the Neosho a thousand times going to and from Joplin. Is it a good fishin river? It looks pretty rock and doesn't get too dirty, just from what I've seen.

7. dobbie

dobbie Member

we didn't do any good jugfishing Saturday.There was way to much boat traffic on the Neosho.We still had a good time.We saw a few spoonbills being caught.

8. Tulcat

Tulcat New Member

Did you say they were snagging some spoonies on the Neosho?

Can you give a general location such as near Mudeater's bend, Conner bridge, or close to Miami?

And were there any decent sized spoonies or just early running males in the 20# range?

Thanks!

9. Tulcat

Tulcat New Member

It all depends on what you want to fish for. We do relatively well on the Neosho for blues, channels, and flatties, and of course spoonbills when the season is right.

For public ramp access you can put in at the Miami Dam or at Twin Bridges. For bank access your best bet is at the Miami Dam park or Conner Bridge, unless you know someone to get access from private land.

10. dobbie

dobbie Member

We had our jugs all around the Connor bridge area.Most of the spoonbills did look pretty small.It looked like most of the boats were going up towards Miami.