Neosho River Catfishermen

Discussion in 'KANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by Catmaster, Aug 27, 2006.

1. Catmaster

Catmaster New Member

State:
    SE Kansas
    How is everyone do'n this summer on the Neosho. Mine has not been too bad but not great by any means. It is way to hot and way too dry. I have been having some luck with the flats with small bull head and gold fish down in the deep holes. And nothing has been over 10-20 pounds for me in the last month it seems like and I am not catching near as many. I have been catching most of the channel at night around a few of my favorite downed trees and subm. brush piles. Using cut shad and some blood bait. Still nothing there has been over 10 pounds in the last month.

(KG&E Dam area N about 2-10 miles)

2. onlyone

onlyone New Member

State:
    SE Kansas
    I actually didnt fish the Neosho but one or two times this year. Like you said, it was too dry and too hot for me. I went up to the wildlife area at St. Paul both times. I think we caught like two drum. Pretty boring.

3. MR SANDMAN 800

MR SANDMAN 800 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I have a friend that goes up there once a year with a group of people and sets lines. I've never been there though.

4. snowman

snowman New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Hey Eric ive been too the dam and north of damn just a few miles north of the brige and havent caught nothing worth bragging about only four or five ten pound flats. Now where I enjoy going is almost down at Grand when the whities are running you can go and catch whites or you can have a fun time with channel from the five pound range all the way up into the mid twentys.

5. buckshot

buckshot New Member

State:
    kansas
    I havent done much fishing on the neosho river this year but i have in the past. this time of the year i like to go up by the dam and cast into some of the deeper holes that ive found a few times wading or on brush piles in the shallows depending on the weather

6. buckshot

buckshot New Member

State:
    kansas
    hey levi i think we have met before