Neosho river catfish capitol?

Discussion in 'KANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by unclebuncle, Mar 21, 2009.

1. unclebuncle

unclebuncle New Member

State:
    Humboldt,K
    If memory serves me right there used to be two towns in Kansas that claimed to be catfish capitol of the world and they were both on Neosho river Chetopa and Burlington.Who knows how good their claims were.All I know is the Neosho has always produced some huge flatheads and large numbers of good sized channels.The previous state record flathead was caught near Erie.Now I hope to add bluecats to the reputation since I caught one.This river is big enough to have some a lot bigger than the 10 lber I caught.Heres some more pictures near Humboldt.:smile2:

Attached Files:

2. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    That looks primetime to me. Im going to have to get down there and fish that with you. :wink:

3. unclebuncle

unclebuncle New Member

State:
    Humboldt,K
    Anytime, Phoneman was talking about coming down today.I have a feeling its going to be raging in a couple of days which will change where I fish.

4. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Maybe Shelby and I can make it down next weekend. Looks like Im going to have to pour some more 12 and 16 oz. bank sinkers. :wink:

5. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Ray that's some prime looking water down there.It has for along time been claimed to be catfish captial of Kansas.And no for good reason.

I hope you catch that big one.

6. kansas_catman_16

kansas_catman_16 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    im lookin forward to goin down there:roll_eyes:. if anyone goin down that way round middle april i'd like for yall to show me some honey holes :smile2: