Neosho river blues

Discussion in 'KANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by unclebuncle, Mar 22, 2009.

1. unclebuncle

unclebuncle New Member

State:
    Humboldt,K
    Yep they're in there,went back to my new spot today and only caught one but it was a good one.The wind was just roaring in trees overhead but it was from behind me and I was out of wind fishing.They were just tap tapping the bait and not taking it good so I decided to move it but I was hung up so I thought I'd give it a few more minutes and see if one would pull me out of rocks.He hit again and this time moved off with it and when I set the hook I was free of rocks.I could tell he was a good fish.This is first time my daughter wasn't with me all week so I couldn't get a picture of me holding it so its hard to tell how big it was.I did measure it though it was 31 inches.I let him go for another day.I guess I need to invest in some scales so I dont have to guess.He was quite a bit bigger than first one though.:smile2:

Attached Files:

2. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Congrats Ray. Use photobucket, it makes your pics bigger. Here is the link. Very easy to use.

http://photobucket.com/

3. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Way to go Ray, I think you have found a sweet fishing hole...

4. unclebuncle

unclebuncle New Member

State:
    Humboldt,K
  5. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Thats a nice one Ray, they keep gettin bigger.
    You better be ready when the BIG one comes.:smile2:

6. shelbygt1979

shelbygt1979 New Member

State:
    Olathe, KS
    Ray, congrats on another nice cat:smile2: I sure like the photobucket hosting service better.:wink: Like Kyle said get ready for the big one's to start bitin soon.

7. unclebuncle

unclebuncle New Member

State:
    Humboldt,K
    Thanks guys I've been using PB for a long time just never thought about it here.If the storms dont hit too soon I might give it a try in the morning,maybe I'll get to try my new scales.Right before a storm can be good.

8. kscowboy

kscowboy New Member

State:
    Kansas
    congrats on the fish! I myself have never caught a blue here in kansas, but both of my uncles were out at the edge of the of Council Grove Reservoir going into munkers creek here a couple months ago and caught 2. one 3#er and 1 that was 6.5#s. I pretty excited about all this blue talk. Anyway, thanks for postin the pics a keep us informed.

9. Kansas Tree Rat

Kansas Tree Rat New Member

State:
    Waverly, Kansas
    We are going to have to change your name to BluecatBunkle...:smile2:
    Way to go brother.

10. unclebuncle

unclebuncle New Member

State:
    Humboldt,K
    Hard to believe I fished this river for over 50 years without knowing they were in there.