neoprene gloves

Discussion in 'LOCAL SOUTH CAROLINA TALK' started by Bill in SC, Jan 14, 2009.

1. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Been wanting a pair of neoprene gloves for the boat. Been watchin' 'em at Walmart, waiting for them to go on sale. Got a pair tonight marked down from $14 to $9! :smile2: They sure are comfortable. Ought to be good to lip a big fish if necessary, and they are super warm.

Bill in SC

2. CarolinaCatJack

CarolinaCatJack New Member

State:
    Travelers Rest,
    All ya gotta do is say the word, Bill.....We use gloves here at work that are a nylon backing with a neoprene palm. They breathe well and are great for summertime use. You want a couple pair of them? I'll send 'em to you.....Or if you want to wait, I can bring them to GA with me. Your call.....

3. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Save the postage, Matt. I'll get 'em at the gathering! Thanks!!! :smile2:

BB

4. griz

griz Well-Known Member

State:
    Murray Ky.
    They had them marked down to 5.00 here last year I got a pair and they work great, really save the skin on your hands!!

5. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I saw 'em marked down to $5 at a different WalMart several months ago, but didn't get them then. Wish I hada! :)

BB

6. bellymeat

bellymeat New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    i picked up a really nice pair of camo gloves for $4.95 at harbor freight. They were a fleece lined gore tex glove. Kinda like the ones you see in cabelas for $30+ bucks. Every now and then Harbor freight has some good deals...

7. JAinSC

JAinSC Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I have tried full neoprene gloves before and didn't like them: too slippery on fish. But that's just me. I prefer to just use regular gloves for keeping my hands warm, and keep them dry. For landing fish I keep a separate pair of stretch nylon gloves with the rubber coated palms and fingers.

8. BigBird

BigBird New Member

State:
    Charlotte, NC
    Our wally world doesnt carry them-I have been looking. I have been waiting for a good deal also. Fyi-I have been using my neoprene socks over my wool socks for about 6-7 yrs.

9. katman#1

katman#1 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    bass pro has the xps neoprene for about $12 I like them but only use them for handling fish I use other hunting gloves to keep my hands warm

10. buster1395

buster1395 New Member

State:
    Abbeville, Sout
    I been looking for some waterproof gloves that are warm and fit real tight so you can still use the reel without taking them off.

11. Bambu

Bambu New Member

State:
    S.C.
    been looking for the same myself. so far the sealskins look the best but there kinda pricey. they do have completely waterproof socks, they seal at the top. what have you found?

12. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    The neoprenes I got at WalMart fit snugly, and are toasty warm. The palms are covered in a tacky feeling rubber. There is a velcro strap that goes around the wrist to seal them up. As for 100% waterproof, these are NOT. The index finger and thumb on each glove has a slit in them, so you can get your fingers out of the gloves to tie knots, etc. When you bend back the finger tips, there is a velcro pad to catch and hold the finger tips out of the way. Should be excellent cold weather and/or fish grippin' gloves!

Bill in SC

13. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    Better get a few pairs Bill. They will be gone in a heartbeat! Good gloves for sure.