Nemaha Rivers

Discussion in 'NEBRASKA RIVERS TALK' started by TA2D, Oct 20, 2005.

1. TA2D

TA2D New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Ann Nebraskans that fish them, post your stories and pictures of your catches. Myself and Suddawg like to fish a particular stretch of the little nemaha by Auburn, been using shad and slaughtering the channels in the 1 to 2 pound range, also a couple of 3-6 pound flats, the occasianal drum, carp and gar.

2. suddawg

suddawg New Member

TA2D,
    Still waiting to get a fish over 10lbs down there, but the shad has definately quadrupled the amount of fish we're catching.

Any one fish the Platte River near Highway 75 between Plattsmouth and Bellevue? It seems lower then it use too, I can't remember that well because I just got stationed back up here. If anyone does, let me know how it is?

Suds

3. Growler

Growler New Member

State:
    Unadilla Nebras
    The Little Nemaha borders my property near Palmyra, but there isn't enough size to the river there to support fish of much size.
    How far up from the Auburn area can you still catch fish in the Little Nemaha?

4. TA2D

TA2D New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    I have caught fish as far as Brock and am unsure how much further they would be, might have to find ya in the spring and do some cattin!

5. suddawg

suddawg New Member

Hey TA2D, I can't remember if we went, but I know I've caught some catfish, and carp on the Little Nemaha River east of Lorton. Mostly Carp though, and no catfish of any great size. Past Lorton, I have no idea

Suds

6. TA2D

TA2D New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Hey guys, I went fishing the other day and got skunked, the last rain that we had altered one of my favorite spots, now I have to go in and remove a log jam that is in a bad spot, I kno that this is removing some potential cover, but if I don't the railway guys will remove it so that it doesn't stress the bridge, or thats what they told me last time.... I guess there was a good spot that morning, I had two boss gobblers within 75yds of me, would be a big deal if I was a turkey hunter, but cool none the less.

TA2D

Aaron

7. suddawg

suddawg New Member

Hope you get everything worked out down there at our fishing spot. Man, you know I swear as kids growing up I never saw Turkey anywhere down there, but it seems like they're all over now. Anyways..........

Just 3 1/2 months left and I'm a comin home. Man April can't be over with quick enough. :crying:

SudDawg